Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Haven't read the entire thread, but have to give Garza props for working his a** off to become the best he can be. It's not like he is blessed with athletic ability. He just has learned his trade very well almost in a Niang type of way. The comparisons to first year players here at ISU are apples to oranges. When Garza was young it was said his vertical was sheet of paper. It might be 5 sheets now, but he knows how to position himself and in the college game you don't need to jump to the rafters to be successful. I would hope our young players with talent will work this hard to become the best they can be.
It helps that he's already just shy of 7'0'' tall. Solo can't jump either, but that problem is compounded by him only being a generous 6'8''

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
It helps that he's already just shy of 7'0'' tall. Solo can't jump either, but that problem is compounded by him only being a generous 6'8''

Absolutely it does. And I am in no way a Hawk fan. It's just that not unlike the KU fans who gave Georges a round of respect his last game in Lawrence....you have to respect someone who has mastered the game regardless of their ability.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So it's been brought to my attention that Benji is actually Tyler
And then @Rebel comes on here to talk Xavier Foster right after Tyler tweets the same thing about it on his Jade account. Don't you have white recruits to be talking to Benji?
tenor.gif

Reactions: Rural and CyTwins

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Absolutely it does. And I am in no way a Hawk fan. It's just that not unlike the KU fans who gave Georges a round of respect his last game in Lawrence....you have to respect someone who has mastered the game regardless of their ability.
Since you mentioned Georges: I was watching Gonzaga vs WV last night and Holly Rowe showed a clip of one of the Gonzaga players, I think it was Timme, playing hoops in his parents backyard. She said he worked on his game over the summer by dribbling the ball around his parents dog and watching Georges Niang-ISU videos.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Yes both got everything they could out of their talent.

Garza reaching heights nobody expected is two fold. First hes mastered the mid range game and has even extended out to a consistent 3 point shooter. Doesn't shoot a ton but can absolutely knock them down. 2) Hes an absolute fighter. Usually it seems the better the jump shot the softer they're with big men. They almost settle with playing outside. He absolutely wants to get inside and bang. Hes playing the hardest on the court almost if not every game.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
Yes both got everything they could out of their talent.

Garza reaching heights nobody expected is two fold. First hes mastered the mid range game and has even extended out to a consistent 3 point shooter. Doesn't shoot a ton but can absolutely knock them down. 2) Hes an absolute fighter. Usually it seems the better the jump shot the softer they're with big men. They almost settle with playing outside. He absolutely wants to get inside and bang. Hes playing the hardest on the court almost if not every game.
Do you have a crush on him??

Reactions: GoHawks

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Didnt you think Jade was Brian F at first and then Barnes? Now its me?

I am not Jade or Benji or Barnes or Brian Ferentz.
You are Jade, Benji and Barnes yes. He tweets and you come here with the same thing. I've had multiple people message me saying "you know he's Jade right?". I'm mad at myself for missing it honestly

• Haha
Reactions: Rebel

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
You are Jade, Benji and Barnes yes. He tweets and you come here with the same thing. I've had multiple people message me saying "you know he's Jade right?". I'm mad at myself for missing it honestly

This isnt even close.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyTwins

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I honestly bet nobody on here is watching Iowa play some team they're going to kill tonight. Even I have no desire to watch it. We're all in football mode IMO

Iowa fans are all in on BB and FB. I mean Iowa is rated #14 in the FPI and ISU #17. I found out today only ESPN metrics count this year.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

Are you Dylan Coon then?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron