Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Hey man I work for JD. I don’t know about @Rebel though. He probably is working the night shift as we haven’t heard from him lately.

@Rebel probably got taken back to his padded room and sedated.

We have our neighbor’s son that’s had to be taken away in an ambulance a few times. I’ve even had to go over and talk him down a couple time. He’s 35 and has aspergers. His mom has found empty liquor bottles under his mattress. He even had his dad pinned down one time. Sad that when the cops are in our neighborhood we know where they are stopping. You kinda fear for your life after awhile, but I fear more for his parents lives than my own. Pretty scary stuff.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
@Rebel probably got taken back to his padded room and sedated.

We have our neighbor’s son that’s had to be taken away in an ambulance a few times. I’ve even had to go over and talk him down a couple time. He’s 35 and has aspergers. His mom has found empty liquor bottles under his mattress. He even had his dad pinned down one time. Sad that when the cops are in our neighborhood we know where they are stopping. You kinda fear for your life after awhile, but I fear more for his parents lives than my own. Pretty scary stuff.
Ok, joking about a dude having a mental illness isn’t a good look. Be better.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Ok, joking about a dude having a mental illness isn’t a good look. Be better.
All the weird posts he’s had today, it does make one wonder what issues he has. Why would I joke about mental illness? I lost my dad to it and have two sisters going through depression and a son that had suicidal thoughts a couple years ago and a nephew with aspergers. I’ve seen it enough of it in my life.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
According to the hawk fans of CF, the Big Ten is flat-out the best athletic conference across the board. Here pretty soon, you all are going to claim to be the best animal husbandry conference too.

Well, they do have some of the best animal science schools in the country. Would be interesting to see how the Big 10 ag schools like Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, OSU and MSU stack up to schools like Cornell.

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
If they beat the Zags, it will be pandemonium here with the trolls.
If Gonzaga gets the ball in the paint as much and easy as NC Central did today, they ain’t beating the Zags. Nor will they beat Sparty, Wisconsin, or Illinois- NC’s tallest guy was 6’7”- those other teams will exploit IA’s lay-up drill defense a little more.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
If Gonzaga gets the ball in the paint as much and easy as NC Central did today, they ain’t beating the Zags. Nor will they beat Sparty, Wisconsin, or Illinois- NC’s tallest guy was 6’7”- those other teams will exploit IA’s lay-up drill defense a little more.
I think a lot of that had to do with not having another true big. When Nunge comes back, I expect that to improve.

• Haha
Reactions: Rural

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
I think a lot of that had to do with not having another true big. When Nunge comes back, I expect that to improve.
What in Fran’s 10+ years makes you believe their interior defense will improve? Nunge would be the guy waiting at the rim, not the guy keeping the dribblers from getting there- their guards drove IA a bunch today. Most DI programs chart paint touches and its never been a good +\- for Iowa during the Fran era. Not trolling- just presenting the facts. When IA has success, it’s sitting in their zone and teams like Syracuse last year or Cincy in ‘19 NCAA’s that can’t shoot but just keep flogging up 3’s. Teams that get the paint on offense and protect it on D win tough games in March.

Reactions: Rural and CyTwins

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Caught the last 5 minutes. Watched what I assume were mostly walk ons and freshman in for Iowa. But holy hell, I don't know if derpth will actually be an issue for Fran this year either. Woof. Let's just say they looked on par or maybe even a tad better than whoever NC Central had running around out there at the same time. They were just marginally enough better to secure my bet at Iowa -27.5.

Did not get to see any of Garza, Weezy, Jorbo, or the McCaffrey twins. They were all cheezin' it up in the bleechers watching the young guys get some run. Assuming all went well and they took care of business as they should against a team like NCCU.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Caught the last 5 minutes. Watched what I assume were mostly walk ons and freshman in for Iowa. But holy hell, I don't know if derpth will actually be an issue for Fran this year either. Woof. Let's just say they looked on par or maybe even a tad better than whoever NC Central had running around out there at the same time. They were just marginally enough better to secure my bet at Iowa -27.5.

Did not get to see any of Garza, Weezy, Jorbo, or the McCaffrey twins. They were all cheezin' it up in the bleechers watching the young guys get some run. Assuming all went well and they took care of business as they should against a team like NCCU.
Did you see their recruiting class last year? They brought in 5 guys and only one had a P5 offer outside of Iowa and he wasn't even in the top 400

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Did you see their recruiting class last year? They brought in 5 guys and only one had a P5 offer outside of Iowa and he wasn't even in the top 400
Not a strong body of work there for ole franny

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Nope

Nunge, Toussaint and Patrick will be our bench guys. Not sure how much or if Keegan Murray will play when Nunge gets back.
That's easy to figure out. Take 200 minutes per game and divide by number of players Iowa has. That's what Fran does.
Edit: add in an extra player and give those minutes to any players with same last name as the coach.

Reactions: Cytown12

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
That's easy to figure out. Take 200 minutes per game and divide by number of players Iowa has. That's what Fran does.
Edit: add in an extra player and give those minutes to any players with same last name as the coach.

Only played 8 yesterday until mop up time.