Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Did you see their recruiting class last year? They brought in 5 guys and only one had a P5 offer outside of Iowa and he wasn't even in the top 400
If those were some of the guys I was watching in the last 5 minutes, it showed.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Going to be a rough basketball season for you so you better save some of this.

Let me guess, you have isu as a bubble team this year?
There is a thread in the mbb forum about expectations for our program. It is clear the majority of us are anticipating at best an NIT type of squad with so many newcomers and not a lot of time to gel in preseason

• Informative
Reactions: Rebel

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well, they do have some of the best animal science schools in the country. Would be interesting to see how the Big 10 ag schools like Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, OSU and MSU stack up to schools like Cornell.
Cornell is always ranked number one because....Ivy League, they honestly aren’t that great (was a consideration of mine) numbers 2 and 3 flip flop back and forth routinely the mason jars and ISU, then nobody really pays attention to what is below us.

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
There is a thread in the mbb forum about expectations for our program. It is clear the majority of us are anticipating at best an NIT type of squad with so many newcomers and not a lot of time to gel in preseason

NIT seems pretty optimistic to me.

And I think it has a lot more to do with a lack of talent than not having a lot of time to gel.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
NIT seems pretty optimistic to me.

And I think it has a lot more to do with a lack of talent than not having a lot of time to gel.
Of course it does. You're a Hok troll! Thank you for at least knowing your place and not attempting to post your drivel in a serious thread. Troll on, little trollie.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
B1G is brutal this year so finishing behind teams like Illinois, Wisconsin and MSU wouldn't be a shock at all.

Middle of the pack isn't real specific so I'm not sure what you are predicting here.
Per latest AP Poll, Iowa is #5 and ranked ahead of all three of the teams you mentioned...quite the dreadful season if you end up behind them. And a terrible letdown given the expected departures and total lack of any talent coming in.

• Haha
Reactions: Rebel

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Hawks are a handful for anyone this year on the court. They will have off nights from the arc, but in general if they have inside/outside working they can beat just about anyone IMO.
Still a bunch of goobers and JORBO is a complete butthole, but really solid team. Too bad this season will be written off due to covid as an anomaly (hmmmm..where have I heard that before?)

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
Going to be a rough basketball season for you so you better save some of this.

Let me guess, you have isu as a bubble team this year?
Well, the Hawks are due- it’s only been 41 years since your last conference regular season title (shared) and 21 years since you made it out of the first weekend of the NCAA’s. And you’re relying on a coach who has never coached past the first weekend to get you there. Good luck with the season.

I would guess since it’s going to be such a great season for the Hawks, you’ll be too busy enjoying it to have time to go to a rival’s boards to gloat.