Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
You don't think 5,000 posts about Iowa is obsessive? There's 30,000 about Iowa football recruiting. I browse occasionally. It's enjoyable to read peoples opinions (Bcclone) that admit they don't pay much attention to Iowa, but yet they still have dozens of posts expressing their opinion....."I don't know much about this topic, but I'm still going to pretend I do because I read possession charts." That's funny stuff.
Nothing can top idiot troll on opposing teams message board... sorry.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
You don't think 5,000 posts about Iowa is obsessive? There's 30,000 about Iowa football recruiting. I browse occasionally. It's enjoyable to read peoples opinions (Bcclone) that admit they don't pay much attention to Iowa, but yet they still have dozens of posts expressing their opinion....."I don't know much about this topic, but I'm still going to pretend I do because I read possession charts." That's funny stuff.

You've posted 135 times in this thread over the last 5 days.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

And Iowa fans on an Iowa State message board have not contributed to these 5,000 posts?

Here's a hint. There are 5,000 posts because half of them are people like you who come over here to troll. But nope, you don't obsess over Iowa State...

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I never said I had a stat to support that. I pointed out that the stats you are using don't apply to end of game situations which is when Moss typically was on the bench. he wasn't good in high pressure end of game situations.

Actually you did

Advanced statistics say if Moss doesnt have the ball but is in the game he's good. Advanced statistics also say if he isnt guarding the ball but is in the game he's good. It's just those darn times when he's asked to handle or defend that he struggles. Ball handling and defense are a very small part of the game though

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Actually you did
That was in response to your "usage" numbers as an advanced statistic. Moss' usage looks better than Connor's because Moss doesn't have the ball in his hand as much and he is typically not the point man in their zone. Connor does both of those things. If you account for those two things then the advanced statistic for usage would swing the other way.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Thank you from saving me the time finding that post.
It's a good thing you have Bcclone posting here as well....at least you'll always have one person on here that knows less about Iowa bball than you.

• Disagree
Reactions: jmb

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That was in response to your "usage" numbers as an advanced statistic. Moss' usage looks better than Connor's because Moss doesn't have the ball in his hand as much and he is typically not the point man in their zone. Connor does both of those things. If you account for those two things then the advanced statistic for usage would swing the other way.

Advanced statistics factors in how much you have the ball in your hands. I am literally providing you facts and you are just making stuff up. If you aren't going to contribute to the thread just go away troll

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Advanced statistics factors in how much you have the ball in your hands. I am literally providing you facts and you are just making stuff up. If you aren't going to contribute to the thread just go away troll
And I have proven why what you're saying doesn't work. Shaq has a better turnover % than Magic and a better usage rate. Does that make him a better ball handler and perimeter defender than Magic....No. You like to cherry pick. Every single advanced statistic has a flaw of some sort. Moss measures better than Connor in those statistics but it doesn't mean he is better at perimeter defense or ball handling which is why Connor played more at the end of games. Just like you don't want Shaq handling the ball at the end of the game, Iowa didn't want Moss handling the ball at the end of the game. It's not a conspiracy to play the coaches kid more than someone else. He is literally better in those situations when they are trying to protect a lead. Never mind the fact that KU has already figured that out after Moss has had turnover issues at the end of games.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And I have proven why what you're saying doesn't work. Shaq has a better turnover % than Magic and a better usage rate. Does that make him a better ball handler and perimeter defender than Magic....No. You like to cherry pick. Every single advanced statistic has a flaw of some sort. Moss measures better than Connor in those statistics but it doesn't mean he is better at perimeter defense or ball handling which is why Connor played more at the end of games. Just like you don't want Shaq handling the ball at the end of the game, Iowa didn't want Moss handling the ball at the end of the game. It's not a conspiracy to play the coaches kid more than someone else. He is literally better in those situations when they are trying to protect a lead. Never mind the fact that KU has already figured that out after Moss has had turnover issues at the end of games.

If Moss was a 7 foot center your argument would suck but wouldn't suck as bad. Moss and Connor are both guards, neither can play point and while Moss wasn't a great defender he's significantly better than Connor. Not sure why you're comparing two completely different players like Shaq and Magic

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
You claim to know everything about Iowa State basketball. Does that make you a moron?
Lol...I have never once claimed to know everything about ISU. I actually even said I've only watched half of an ISU game this year and that is why I don't claim to know everything about ISU.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Pretty much sums up what OBSESSION means. Look at gutwutit posts on this thread.

Last posted around Midnight, mom wakes him up at 7 so she can make here little man some breakfast, and then at 8 he's back at it on CF. Yeahbuddy at his finest.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Can you imagine how many more rebounds and points Shaq would have had if he hadn't had to sit out all of those fourth quarters all of those years?

I thought you said you were leaving...

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lol...I have never once claimed to know everything about ISU. I actually even said I've only watched half of an ISU game this year and that is why I don't claim to know everything about ISU.

You spent an entire season on here tearing down Niang and his defense while being adamant Uthoff was better. Stop lying troll

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron