Top Gun 2: Maverick

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Wonder if "Merlin" is will be back??

View attachment 55476
Interesting note. Tim Robbins at 6'5" is right at the top end of the acceptable height standard for Navy pilots and quite possibly (especially with his long legs) would not qualify for the F-14 as that type likely has a height max of closer to 6'4". A pilot can apply for a waiver early on in their training but there is no guarantee one would be granted.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
what happens when the sun goes down, that may have some similarities to the RIO Sundown?

Dark, they are both Dark.

Oh ok, honestly I didn't even remember a guy in the original with the call sign Sundown let alone a African American in the movie.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Oh ok, honestly I didn't even remember a guy in the original with the call sign Sundown let alone a African American in the movie.
Top%20Gun%2011.png

• Informative
Reactions: isufbcurt

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
IN all fairness in the Marines and I am pretty sure Navy as well. Race is more of a made fun of thing. We used to call all black Marines "Dark Green" Marines. It was not a slam on them, we said it around them. They had a term for us white guys also. However, nobody meant it as a slam or anything else. So I assume back then they could have had a black dude named Sundown as his call sign and nobody would have made a deal out of it.

BTW the person who said the plat is horrible for the new one. Umm Yeah you don't watch top gun for the awesome plot. You watch it for the action.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
IN all fairness in the Marines and I am pretty sure Navy as well. Race is more of a made fun of thing. We used to call all black Marines "Dark Green" Marines. It was not a slam on them, we said it around them. They had a term for us white guys also. However, nobody meant it as a slam or anything else. So I assume back then they could have had a black dude named Sundown as his call sign and nobody would have made a deal out of it.

BTW the person who said the plat is horrible for the new one. Umm Yeah you don't watch top gun for the awesome plot. You watch it for the action.
Sundown might also have nothing to do with the color of his skin. He might have earned the nickname for his high-jinx after dark.

• Funny
Reactions: Knownothing

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
When does Iron Eagle part 5 start filming?!

One of the few highlights of my journalism career was when I got published on a relatively famous website writing how Iron Eagle was the single most insane movie of the 80's. Essentially, it was about how insane it is that bunch of HS kids broke into a military base AND STOLE A ******* FULLY LOADED JET.

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
One of the few highlights of my journalism career was when I got published on a relatively famous website writing how Iron Eagle was the single most insane movie of the 80's. Essentially, it was about how insane it is that bunch of HS kids broke into a military base AND STOLE A ******* FULLY LOADED JET.
I still love that movie in spite of its cheesiness. However, the sequels were pure crap.

• Agree
Reactions: The_Architect

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
Another sweaty sports scene, another motorcycle along the runway scene, another funeral, another bar singing scene....Yes, please

Last edited:
L

LincolnWay187

F22/F35 should be the last fighter jets and be replaced by drones. Will that happen? Probably not because our defense acquisition/Congress are dumb.

Help Support Us

Become a patron