TOE Pinstripe Sales

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
$600+ to fly out there (from Des Moines). $300+ per night for a hotel. Expensive food and drinks. All to sit in a stadium freezing your butt off to watch Iowa play Boston College. This game has pretty much everything going against it as far as getting fans to travel out there. The Music City Bowl would have been a much different story, but it is what it is.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I can't blame iowa fans for not wanting to go to the pinstripe bowl. There are a lot of good reasons to save your money and watch it on tv. Still 1000 seems pretty low

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I thought TOE stood for Turd Out East.
allw.gif

Cyclones423

Dec 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Don't we make fun of the hawks for stealing Florida's gator clap or whatever that's called? Now we're totally ok with stealing Ohio State's thing? Announcers already struggle with calling us Ohio State, why add to the confusion.

I'm not sure Campbell meant for this to catch on the way it did with some, it was just a response to being called "the guys in Ames".

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
IIRC, sold about 5,000 tix sold through university. I went. Not a huge following. Basically, that number gets lost in NY crowds. It was always nice to run into another ISU fan in Manhatten.

It's not a good bowl location, it was on the most expensive, craziest weekend of the year, it's in location that doesn't appreciate college football so no one even knew there was a bowl game, etc. The idea of it is cool but the reality is people wanna go to warm weather spots for a bowl game. If there was meaning to it, like a CFP game, it could be held in Nome for all I care and we'd show up. To me it's like putting some junior hockey game in El Paso and wondering why no one shows up.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron