Time to fire Jeff Myers, Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I feel sad for Myers. You don't put a grad assistant with no coaching experience into one of the most important assistant positions on a P5 staff. This is totally on Campbell, and it should have been corrected at least 4 years ago. The Manning situation should have been corrected shortly after that.

Last edited:

jonnyb21

Apr 18, 2006
I feel sad for Myers. You don't put a grad assistant with no coaching experience onto one of the most important assistant positions on a P5 staff. This is totally on Campbell, and it should have been corrected at least 4 years ago. The Manning situation should have been corrected shortly after that.
This times 100

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
ISU needs to have a better OL to thrive.

Don't know about Manning. He catches a lot of flack. But man, we do seem to be vanilla when we need spice. We are very predictable.

Also, I'm not sure a typical play call for a 3-5 yard slant/seem when 6-10 yds is needed is great.

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
Yes. Yes. It was very apparent to see the OL unable to handle simple twists by the DL. Stuff that good high school teams can do- idk if it’s the C/QB not making correct protection calls (idk who the allow) or not either.
Dekkers can’t seem to see where pressure is coming from AND drops his eyes and takes them off receivers when pressured.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
It's not play calling either. Although that's bad as well. It's constant missed blocks, constant penalties, never stretching a defense, abandoning the run because the line can't execute a simple off tackle run, having the whole line collapse with one injury, failed execution on simple blitz scehemes.

We got beat by a team that tried to give us this game, they managed one offensive td and we still lost.

What's wrong on offense can't be fixed either. Not with this group leading them.

SDClone

Oct 3, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
It amazes me watching how much push an average P5 offensive line can get and we are getting stood up and the defense is shedding blocks like no tomorrow. There has never been any push ever, especially when all that is needed is a half yard. I have said this a long time ago about Meyers, not trying to be negative just the reality. The so called “experience” sure hasn’t or ever shown.

Reactions: Cfinnerty16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron