Status
Not open for further replies.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
After Kansas they changed the offense. It seemed a lot better this week, hopefully with the bye week they can continue to improve with these new formations and plays. I mean it’s still the same system, they are just utilizing the packages that work better with Dekkers now and letting him run and move out of the pocket.

Continue to improve and adapt to this new set of starters, and Manning probably gets more time. Maybe even hired away to be a HC somewhere. I still think there needs to be a little shakeup with some assistants, such as Meyers obviously.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Special teams and offensive line that’s all the problems.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
After Kansas they changed the offense. It seemed a lot better this week, hopefully with the bye week they can continue to improve with these new formations and plays. I mean it’s still the same system, they are just utilizing the packages that work better with Dekkers now and letting him run and move out of the pocket.

Continue to improve and adapt to this new set of starters, and Manning probably gets more time. Maybe even hired away to be a HC somewhere. I still think there needs to be a little shakeup with some assistants, such as Meyers obviously.
Definitely looked a lot sharper on offense today. The OL played a lot better in terms of pass blocking. Don't know what other teams have done on the ground against TX, but that looked like a pretty stout front. In the KU game Dekkers was under pressure or sacked on nearly every passing play. The OL had to grade out an F- in that game.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I think something happened with the O calling. Is is possible that Manning was given the reigns? OR, does TX just have a terrible secondary. We have had this capability all year. and are just now bringing it out in conference.

I think a conversation was had and someone got some freedom. OR, it was a scheme only against TX. Maybe someone can fill me in.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I think something happened with the O calling. Is is possible that Manning was given the reigns? OR, does TX just have a terrible secondary. We have had this capability all year. and are just now bringing it out in conference.

I think a conversation was had and someone got some freedom. OR, it was a scheme only against TX. Maybe someone can fill me in.
As per my last post, two posts ago, the offense was changed. Manning held a meeting with the offense saying they were going to start throwing deeper more, and let Dekkers out of the pocket more.

Reactions: Clonefan94

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK

One good game and he gets more time? If Campbell doesn’t have the stomach to get rid of him he is not the coach he is talked up to be. You get rid of horrific performers and no one’s worse than the two this thread targets.

CMC needs an offensive mind in his staff and getting rid of Manning and finding one should be a priority.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
One good game and he gets more time? If Campbell doesn’t have the stomach to get rid of him he is not the coach he is talked up to be. You get rid of horrific performers and no one’s worse than the two this thread targets.

CMC needs an offensive mind in his staff and getting rid of Manning and finding one should be a priority.
I loved that we looked better, but its also worth noting 21 points isn't going to win many big 12 games in general

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

I didn’t realize this was the last game of the year. Obviously it would entail more than one game, or I got scammed in my Oklahoma tickets I thought I was going to.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I didn’t realize this was the last game of the year. Obviously it would entail more than one game, or I got scammed in my Oklahoma tickets I thought I was going to.
We have more than enough data points on Manning. He should be interviewing for his next job, not for the ability to keep this one.

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019

But he wont. Will continue to lose close games because of the offense next year. He again said in his press he does not see many issues.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
But he wont. Will continue to lose close games because of the offense next year. He again said in his press he does not see many issues.
Did you expect him to name the issues and throw guys under the bus? Matt doesn’t ever do that.

• Winner

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
After rewatching the game, the line looked decent.
Do I believe Myers should be let go? Yes. Bring in someone with some o-line experience.
He won't let Manning go but open up the offense all season long.
I think a lot of this falls on Campbell micro managing Tom.

• Haha
Reactions: Macloney

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
After rewatching the game, the line looked decent.
Do I believe Myers should be let go? Yes. Bring in someone with some o-line experience.
He won't let Manning go but open up the offense all season long.
I think a lot of this falls on Campbell micro managing Tom.
I thought the line played fine. Great? No. But Texas has some dudes and they for the most part we’re managed.

Status
Not open for further replies.