Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I am not a Clark hater by any stretch and I respect all she has done in her career, however anybody who says she was anything but a staggeringly wooden on SNL last night is a ridiculous liar. She has all the camera charisma of a school bus fire.
Like most non professional actors it’s very hard to act…let alone on live television in front of millions of people. I mean any of us would nervous as **** and afraid to mess up and if you do you are instantly clipped on socials and made fun of. This is SNL. Not a local DSM tv hit.

Pretty cool for her and her teammates to experience something that almost no one on the planet gets to do.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Like most non professional actors it’s very hard to act…let alone on live television in front of millions of people. I mean any of us would nervous as **** and afraid to mess up and if you do you are instantly clipped on socials and made fun of. This is SNL. Not a local DSM tv hit.

Pretty cool for her and her teammates to experience something that almost no one on the planet gets to do.

Matt Damon flubbed up his guest spot lines several times last week, even the pros can mess up. She did a pretty good job. Even some cast regulars will sometimes get thrown off with timing up lines with audience laughs.

Reactions: BigCyFan and ClubCy

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
She did as good a job on SNL as one could expect. Agree with that.

I’m just not going to let people get away with calling her the best ever. She is the best offensive player ever IMO though.
You just kind of made my point. There was discussions about her SNL appearance yet up comes a post about defense and pouting. It’s over she doesn’t play there anymore, move on.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
For the record, dumb takes and posts are allowed here - as on the whole site - but there are no restrictions based on college athlete eligibility status.
Don’t worry. It will all be over soon.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Lol, she'll never be an actor, but overall was a pretty good segment IMO.

It was cringe, and kind of unsurprisingly in that she comes off kind of b!tchy, but I liked the line they wrote for her about respecting those who have come before her and kicked her door down so she could walk thru it. Made me hate her maybe 5% less than I did, even if it was a made for live TV line. Note how she didn't mention Taurasi or the lady whose record she broke

Reactions: BigTurk

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
The season is over, it’s time to stop this “serious” discussion and let this embarrassment of a thread die like it should. And no, I’m not going to opt out of the in state rivals so I stop seeing this **** thread show up every time I come here.
I’ve contributed to this thread a lot but I agree with this. It’s time to move on. She’s no more relevant to ISU than Luke Garza at this point. I honestly would not have known she was on SNL had I not seen it on CF.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
On Denver sports talk radio the other day they were debating when was the last time an athlete went from relative obscurity to this level of popularity. The closest comp they came up with was Michael Phelps, which I thought was a pretty good comparison. At first they tried to say Zion Williamson at Duke but then when they looked up the viewership for his games none was close to this.
Kurt Warner

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
It was cringe, and kind of unsurprisingly in that she comes off kind of b!tchy, but I liked the line they wrote for her about respecting those who have come before her and kicked her door down so she could walk thru it. Made me hate her maybe 5% less than I did, even if it was a made for live TV line. Note how she didn't mention Taurasi or the lady whose record she broke
You hate her? That's weird.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I’ve contributed to this thread a lot but I agree with this. It’s time to move on. She’s no more relevant to ISU than Luke Garza at this point. I honestly would not have known she was on SNL had I not seen it on CF.
It ran as a story on a news site here in Portland, so I don’t think it’s too hard to notice it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron