Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

Love ripping on EIU, but ticket scanned sounds nice, but how much did they charge for each ticket for the men's and woman's game? The EIU woman were coming off a national championship runner up team that was returning their best players. It's easy to get the fan base excited about a team like that, their men's program has gone stale with little to no excitement.

In the end the men's program showed a profit, while like every year the woman's cost more money than they brought in.

MustardTiger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2019
The Dirty Burger
I saw that Caitlyn blocked Antonio Brown because he tweeted:

"Caitlyn Clark looks like she keep it hairy"

And also:

"Cracker of the day. #CTESPN"

:oops:
Also referred to her as "Cousin It" - again with the hair. He must think she's really hairy.

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
Love ripping on EIU, but ticket scanned sounds nice, but how much did they charge for each ticket for the men's and woman's game? The EIU woman were coming off a national championship runner up team that was returning their best players. It's easy to get the fan base excited about a team like that, their men's program has gone stale with little to no excitement.

In the end the men's program showed a profit, while like every year the woman's cost more money than they brought in.
I keep hearing how much money she brought to the Iowa program with how much tickets were selling for. No doubt she helped, but the secondary market probably benefited more

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

I don't care about the women's drop, but I find it funny as hell that the men's games had nearly 10,000 empty seats per game.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I don't care about the women's drop, but I find it funny as hell that the men's games had nearly 10,000 empty seats per game.
Lets see how many games the woman sell out this coming season. They were getting a lot of bandwagon fans that wanted to see her play. Their games became a happening more than a game.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I thought the same thing. CHA has a capacity of 15,500. I would've guessed the numbers would have been very close to sell-out for the entire season.
Throw in the last 2-4 games had tickets going for several hundred so that means fans didn’t show up right away.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Gonna be an assist machine with those bigs.

Has she shoved anyone down to get open in practice yet? To be fair, she has that down pretty good so maybe it's not necessary to risk injury before the season starts.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Has she shoved anyone down to get open in practice yet? To be fair, she has that down pretty good so maybe it's not necessary to risk injury before the season starts.

I'm curious if the Indiana Fever's head coach is going to put up with all the whining and pouting from CC like Bluder did? I'm guessing they won't have any choice since CC is the face of the entire organization.

Just think of that... whining and pouting and throwing fits is the new face of your organization... and nothing you can do about it.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I'm curious if the Indiana Fever's head coach is going to put up with all the whining and pouting from CC like Bluder did? I'm guessing they won't have any choice since CC is the face of the entire organization.

Just think of that... whining and pouting and throwing fits is the new face of your organization... and nothing you can do about it.
Seems to be working?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
For those unfamiliar with salaries, NYT Magazine has an in-depth interview about Britney Griner, with more details about her life, her imprisonment, and briefly touching on some Mulkey issues. She said her 2024 salary in WNBA is $150,000. She made a million a year in Russia. It is a heartbreaking read.

Reactions: MJ29

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Gonna be an assist machine with those bigs.

Every team will post to social media highlights of team practices. They will never show clips of player mistakes. Meaning while CC can make great passes, she often will try to force a pass into a tight window, leading to many turnovers. But the Indiana Fever will never show those clips from practice. Indiana Fever simply want to build up hype. But like I said, every team wants to build up the hype during preseason/practices. Even ISU and Iowa will do this on their social media accounts. So there is absolutely nothing to gain from those posts

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
For those unfamiliar with salaries, NYT Magazine has an in-depth interview about Britney Griner, with more details about her life, her imprisonment, and briefly touching on some Mulkey issues. She said her 2024 salary in WNBA is $150,000. She made a million a year in Russia. It is a heartbreaking read.

The fascinating part of that situation with pay in Russia is the demand creating that salary is certainly not from a natural market or these Russian women’s basketball pro teams would be widely followed. I doubt it’s full blown Saudi/LIV level (probably some of that going on) but at the very least it’s wealthy oligarchs who probably don’t care about turning a profit.

In the US if the demand is real, and the league is profitable for the first time, the players union will get them paid at a higher rate sooner rather than later.