Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The lines were good. The delivery could have been better. :)
Yeah when it comes to working with non-actors like that I wonder if it'd be better to take a 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' approach and just tell them... "ok, after he says he's a big fan of yours, you need to call him out on the apron joke and on making fun of womens' sports" instead of feeding her the actual lines. Might not work, but she obviously sounds pretty robotic reading the lines off the cue cards.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah when it comes to working with non-actors like that I wonder if it'd be better to take a 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' approach and just tell them... "ok, after he says he's a big fan of yours, you need to call him out on the apron joke and on making fun of womens' sports" instead of feeding her the actual lines. Might not work, but she obviously sounds pretty robotic reading the lines off the cue cards.

I would guess Che wrote it all to stick to a script.

Something like Curb type rants still require that experience to go on and just do it. That's why Larry David is Larry David.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The lines were good. The delivery could have been better. :)

Yeah, the writing was good... but CC should definitely stick to basketball. She's SO uncomfortable, nervous, and awkward in these commercials and appearances on TV. Which is perfectly understandable. She's like a robot... no personality at all... just reading the lines.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I would guess Che wrote it all to stick to a script.

Something like Curb type rants still require that experience to go on and just do it. That's why Larry David is Larry David.
Yeah that takes skill.

It's funny how when you're just talking you rarely enunciate perfectly, then when you're reading a line, you enunciate perfectly. At least CC does. Sounds very unnatural.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah that takes skill.

It's funny how when you're just talking you rarely enunciate perfectly, then when you're reading a line, you enunciate perfectly. At least CC does. Sounds very unnatural.

I find it crazy when bad/new actors sound so robotic.

Like in my mind it should be super easy to just act natural but obviously it's not.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I find it crazy when bad/new actors sound so robotic.

Like in my mind it should be super easy to just act natural but apparently it's not.
It's not. Have you ever listened to non-actors on commercials, including political candidates? They have to slow their pacing to fit the allotted time and also to keep from mumbling/talking so fast that no one understands what they're saying. The long pauses they do in the middle of sentences makes me crazy!

Sep 10, 2015
Welp. She showed up on SNL tonight. Did a back & forth with Michael Che on the weekend update set. I actually felt sorry for her at the end of the show. When they're all milling around & hugging each other she ended up standing awkwardly off to the side and no one approached her. The cameras went off a lot quicker than usual, too.
I didn’t realize she got to bring three of her teammates with her. Here is the scene you are talking about.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I didn’t realize she got to bring three of her teammates with her. Here is the scene you are talking about.

On live TV it cut away before Gosling went over to her. I'm glad there was more, because like I said, I felt kind of sorry for her just standing there clapping.

Reactions: MountainManHawk

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool that she brought teammates.

I wonder if Sudekis had anything to do with getting her on?
I wondered who the other women were. Sorry, @Gonzo - I don't know the faces of your players. Quite honestly, when OUR women players are off court and wearing makeup, I don't recognize some of them!

Reactions: MountainManHawk

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Agreed. And NONE of them could keep a straight face other than Kenan. It was hilarious.

I missed the cold open, though. Need to go search the interwebs...

The cold open was also really funny. They brought back Kate McKinnon for the alien abduction skit.

Edit: and because of that skit I will now use the term, "troll nose" in abundance.