Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I don't have any kids but I nominate myself.
I would vote for you as long as you are not one of those childless people who try to tell others how to raise their kids. Like when your kid is crying in the grocery store and they suggest a good whack in the ass would stop that and you are just there to grab some Orajel for the teething pain.

Reactions: GTO

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
These posts are always cringe. I know the McCaffreys are easy to make fun of, but I'd say we know almost nothing about who CM and CC are off the court.
lO94Ar.gif

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
That seems oddly specific.
Sadly, I have dozens of other anecdotes.

Especially husband’s baby brother and his ex.

Didn’t want their own kids but wanted to have our older ones come spend a weekend with them. Third oldest told me not to worry, if they ever had to stay with them, his then 13 year old brother could be the adult.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We need to be talking way more about Aili Tanke's 3 point title and how freaking good our Cyclones women's team is going to be next year. CC is old news now.

I agree, but not in a thread about CC. So maybe someone should start a thread for that.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
We need to be talking way more about Aili Tanke's 3 point title and how freaking good our Cyclones women's team is going to be next year. CC is old news now.
Championship or bust is now the bar according to this thread.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
The NCAA has division I, II and III for track and field.
Yep. Difference with the NCAA is the students choose which division they will compete by choosing which school to attend. IF an athlete knows they can't compete with the best, they may opt to select a division II or III school where they will then have the chance at "winning". Basically division II and division III are like junior varsity. The fastest times for all divisions almost always comes from division I

But in high school, students don't usually choose which school to attend. Yes, there is open enrollment. But a kid living in a small rural town usually will just attend the school in their own town. Which is why the fastest times for an event can come from a class 2A athlete. If the same NCAA division structure applied to high school, one would expect the fastest times to solely come from the top class. That's just not the case, though

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Yep. Difference with the NCAA is the students choose which division they will compete by choosing which school to attend. IF an athlete knows they can't compete with the best, they may opt to select a division II or III school where they will then have the chance at "winning". Basically division II and division III are like junior varsity. The fastest times for all divisions almost always comes from division I

But in high school, students don't usually choose which school to attend. Yes, there is open enrollment. But a kid living in a small rural town usually will just attend the school in their own town. Which is why the fastest times for an event can come from a class 2A athlete. If the same NCAA division structure applied to high school, one would expect the fastest times to solely come from the top class. That's just not the case, though
You win. Let's just get rid of classes.

Are you calling the IHSAA or should I do it?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Welp. She showed up on SNL tonight. Did a back & forth with Michael Che on the weekend update set. I actually felt sorry for her at the end of the show. When they're all milling around & hugging each other she ended up standing awkwardly off to the side and no one approached her. The cameras went off a lot quicker than usual, too.

Reactions: Acylum

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Agree. Last year having to go through 36-0 SC to get there, this year having to go through the LSU superteam and then UCONN, brutal.

Staley though, wow, to lose 5 players to the WNBA draft and then come back and coach a bunch of freshmen to 37-0 and a natty, that's impressive.

Wasn't a team full of freshman by way. Of the core rotation 5 were on team last year, 2 were freshman and a transfer from Oregon.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Welp. She showed up on SNL tonight. Did a back & forth with Michael Che on the weekend update set. I actually felt sorry for her at the end of the show. When they're all milling around & hugging each other she ended up standing awkwardly off to the side and no one approached her. The cameras went off a lot quicker than usual, too.
Shes around minute 14 of her 15 minutes. WNBA is not kind to those. Unless she goes overseas and gets arrested, most are never heard from again basically.

• Optimistic
Reactions: irish

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Lol, she'll never be an actor, but overall was a pretty good segment IMO.