Tiller needs a Break.

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
you guys can think what you want but as a QB you dont need the greatest plays or the best stats to lead your team and get into scoring position.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
you guys can think what you want but as a QB you dont need the greatest plays or the best stats to lead your team and get into scoring position.

That is true if your defense forces 13 TO's in the 2 games that he has won. Otherwise a QB needs to throw for more than 93 yards and 102 yards like he did in those 2 wins

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

Points per game with Arnaud as the QB this season: 16

Points per game with Tiller as the QB this season: 13

These are offensive points only.

gmckern

Oct 23, 2006
Until they open the playbook wide for Jerome you can't compare the 2. Tiller is far more athletic, Arnaud is bigger and harder to bring down. They need to let Tiller to continue to get snaps and let him run a little and the pass will open up with him. I think once the dust settles, Tiller is you better option for this year and the future.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Any quarterback we put in right now will be saddled with the same penalties. If penalties are a legitimate excuse for Tiller's performance, then they must also be an excuse for Arnaud's play thusfar.

Arnaud hasn't thrown an interception since the Iowa game. :smile:

"Tiller's" two wins belong to the defense and not to anything Tiller did. We didn't even need a quarterback against UNI. Our defense outscored them 14-0.

Common sense shouldn't be used...

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
there is no point in talking to guys. Im just going to stay at the bar and talk to people who know what they are talking about. not just a bunch college kids who know nothing. and yet still have their lips pressed upon Arnauds ***.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Until they open the playbook wide for Jerome you can't compare the 2. Tiller is far more athletic, Arnaud is bigger and harder to bring down. They need to let Tiller to continue to get snaps and let him run a little and the pass will open up with him. I think once the dust settles, Tiller is you better option for this year and the future.

Obviously the coaching staff doesnt want to risk it, which might mean that we will see worse qb play if we open it up for Tiller.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
there is no point in talking to guys. Im just going to stay at the bar and talk to people who know what they are talking about. not just a bunch college kids who know nothing. and yet still have their lips pressed upon Arnauds ***.

I literally lol'd when I read this. Thank you. I now owe my co-workers an apology.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA

Cool. We'll stay here with the statistics and evidence. Could you order me something while you're up there?

gmckern

Oct 23, 2006
Obviously the coaching staff doesnt want to risk it, which might mean that we will see worse qb play if we open it up for Tiller.

Do you honestly think that Tiller has the same # of pages in the playbook available to him as Arnaud? My guess is that Arnaud took the majority of practice snaps up until UNI. When Jerome took over the majority, you can't just expect him to perform all plays that he has not yet attempted.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006

I love how people who don't agree with your assessment don't "know what they are talking about". You keep talking about some magical, mystical ability that Tiller has to just will this team to win. He's a winner baby! As somebody else pointed out, the Nebraska and UNI wins had everything to do with the 13 TO's that the defense forced. If you can't at least admit that, then you are the one who is irrational. Of course, maybe JT just has off the chart intangibles that make the D play out of their mind whenever he sees the field. If so, we should all start calling him Derek Jeter and put a big ol' C on his jersey.

I don't think there are many people on here who are standing up for Arnaud who would say that he's played well. But he's still our best option for winning games at this point in the season if he's healthy.

Sawyer

Aug 24, 2010

:biglaugh: I agree with you. the way that line is worded its hilarious.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Do you honestly think that Tiller has the same # of pages in the playbook available to him as Arnaud? My guess is that Arnaud took the majority of practice snaps up until UNI. When Jerome took over the majority, you can't just expect him to perform all plays that he has not yet attempted.

Well they've both been in this system for two years so yes..

Do you honestly think if the coaches thought he could do it, they wouldn't allow him to open the playbook up? See how easy it is to bring up a counter point.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007

Hahaha love this post. People rip on Arnaud but say they still think he is a better option at this point....and it means they are kissing AA's ***! Love it!

Stay at the bar and drink so you can't see what is actually going on. 93 yards passing in a game. 13 offensive points against the worst team and defense we will see this season....BY FAR!

gmckern

Oct 23, 2006
Well they've both been in this system for two years so yes..

Do you honestly think if the coaches thought he could do it, they wouldn't allow him to open the playbook up? See how easy it is to bring up a counter point.

Seeing Arnaud perform the plays and actually running the plays are 2 different things. When Arnaud is taking the majoity of the snaps, my guess is that the plays Tiller ran in practice prior to the injury, were pretty vanilla. "If" and "thought" are the key words in your statement.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
honestly Tiller may be the best option. He gets us into scoring position. he manages the games and most importantly he does not turn the ball over. some of you have forgotten how important it is not to turn the ball over.

No he doesn't. He is not our best option to win football games. Period. You are actually saying he is the best option to not lose. That's great if the rest of our team is better than the other which they will not be with the exception of maybe 2-3 games. You have voiced your opinion on this numerous times. We get it. You like Tiller. One touchdown against UNI all because of a fake FG will not cut it. If you think that he proved himself against UNI you are delusional and I suspect have some sort of a grudge toward Arnaud. Tiller is bad right now. He has proven it. Get over it, watch every game over again and admit Arnaud unquestionably gives us a better shot to win.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I figured the Adjusted Net Yards per Pass Attempt for both Arnaud and Tiller so far this year. I took total passing yards and then subtracted sack yardage (per ESPN play-by-play) and subtracted 40 yards per interception, then divided by the total attempts. The results?

Arnaud: 3.321 ANY/PA
Tiller: 2.783 ANY/PA

So just to continue to belabor the point, both quarterbacks are performing poorly but Arnaud appears to be better right now.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Bar at noon on a Wednesday afternoon huh? We know what we are talking about. We know that Tiller has a 50%completion percentage and throws a quarter of his balls to Tacopants (google it). He does not throw the ball well. He hesitates on the option and the coaches don't have the faith in him so the playcalling is limited. Get a damn clue. Look at the stats. In his three starts he has been bad each one. Sure, he's 2-1 but as mentioned above, there have been 13 turnovers forced in those games. Just because you don't like AA doesn't mean you can't be objective and see that. If you can't then I suppose you can stay at the bar, perhaps throw on a Hawkeye shirt and become the typical Tavernhawk who will call for the starting QBs head any chance they get.

Reactions: CyDude16

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron