these are a few of my favorite things, when the dog bites,

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Re: This is the thread that just won't end....

Need an SUV for me I'm 6'5 and I want a hybrid, escape is too small.:no:

Maybe this is what you need...
661a29f6f3780c93d3307d4a64bd.gif

or this...
38c843c5a0ed046eb3cf217b5358.bmp

Last edited:

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007

Funny story I'll share from college. One of my friends who had a bad day/night...did horrible on presentation,gf dumped him, got a seat belt ticket. So later that night we go out get drunk, he hits on girls...gets rejected. Finally his said screw this and this country. We dont see him for the rest of the night. Turns out him went home tried to drive to Canada but his car broke down (old honda civic) in Story City, he walked back to Ames. Too Funny.

I'm on my 3rd car that I've had to be careful with.

??? '76 Hornet - starter died and my parents were tired of putting money into it.

Drove my mother's '89 Chevy Celebrity station wagon - wrecked it end of my Jr year (damage was more to fix than the worth of the car, car = totaled in Gieco's eyes. Not hard to total out a car that is 13 or so years old...)

Still working with the current one - '94 Chevy Corsica, however it wasn't the greatest maintained when we bought it, we haven't done the best job of maintaining it (maintence would be more than what we paid for the car), still runs but most of the electrical systems are dying, crack in the exaust manifold, supports for the muffler are rusting off, engine chugs every once in a while, some of the fluids need changing, and thats just what I remember that was wrong with it 2 years ago when I brought the car out to ISU. My brother also busted the turn signal/cruise control off, brights (not that I can turn them on any more) can't be turned off, it leaks when it rains (so my car smells lovely... seats are getting thread barren, of course there was some rust but I was told it wasn't bad given the make/model. I painted it this year though... covering over the rust (spray paint w00t! ok 1/2 spray have brush on). Just had to put in a new battery, though the old one was 8 years old so yeah... not bad there. I dunno what kinda damage he did, but my youngest brother treated the car like **** trying to get it to die so my parents would buy him a new one back when he drove it... certainly doesn't help any of it's problems.

All in all it's in good shape for what it should be, but that still doesn't mean that I trust it to go much farther than Cedar Rapids (home)... and it would be nice to have a car in which I can roll down the window without worrying about it if it'll go back up or not...

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street

The Chevy Corisca was probably one of the worst cars ever made, seriously. Has the heater core gone out yet, if not it's next.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

The Chevy Corisca was probably one of the worst cars ever made, seriously. Has the heater core gone out yet, if not it's next.

Drivers ed taught me to drive on one of those. It was crap.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

I think that other "Let's discuss" thread is trying to compete with ours...

They have a long way to go. No thread will ever compete with the nothingness in this one.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007

872033058_133f574274_m.jpg

not identical but close... AMC Hornet

800px-Chevrolet-Celebrity-wagon.jpg

Celebrity station wagon... in the trunk you could fold up the floor to reveal a rumble type seat... faced backwards we all loved riding in it

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007

Not familiar with cars... help me out here? Far as I know no... but I'm not sure what the function of said piece is. If it has to do with heating the inside of my car.... heater works fine and AC still works pretty good too.

If I just made an @$$ of myself demonstrating a complete lack of knoweldge in terms of car parts, whatever...

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007

I think that other "Let's discuss" thread is trying to compete with ours...

who do those young upstarts think they are anyways???

It'll never fly though - the mod's hate this thread, no way they'll let 2 run like this.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street

Ah the hornet was a keeper but you probably had too young. Lots of room to work on the engine, now the cars have everythinig cramed in there so tight you have to take it to a shop.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

My first car. 1987 Plymouth Sundance. 0-60 in two days. Many a virgin was deflowered in that car. Ok not really.....I couldnt even get a chick to look at me when I drove it.

Sundance.jpg

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street

Not familiar with cars... help me out here? Far as I know no... but I'm not sure what the function of said piece is. If it has to do with heating the inside of my car.... heater works fine and AC still works pretty good too.

If I just made an @$$ of myself demonstrating a complete lack of knoweldge in terms of car parts, whatever...

Basicly it breaks anti-freeze everywhere care over heats if you keep driving. dead car.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

Does anyone remember the name of those car repair books? I used to have one a long time ago and dont know what I did with it. They basically break down the car into parts and show you how to replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.