"The Worst Band of all Time"

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
The worst band of all-time is the one whose songs you don't like but have heard more often (by far) than any other band whose songs you don't like. I nominate Journey. There's nothing like being captive in a dentist's chair and being forced to listen (again, for the nth time) to Don't Stop Believin'. or some other drool put out by this band. All the whoa-whoa-whoa'in from the chair was not tooth pain but rather the pain of hearing that song.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
A few of my favorite deliberately-bad fictional bands (not counting Spinal Tap):

From TV:

“Whisker patrol/whisker patrol/cat-scratch fever is the way we roll”
*Cat in band!

Obvious movie example:

Oh man this would be a fun topic.

Got to add Zach Attack in there.

Also The Beets need a mention. Oh e oh, killer tofu!!!

Reactions: cyclones500

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That experiment intrigued me when I first caught wind of it, and wondered what it was like, but I don't think I've read a truly positive review. Ambition is admirable, but execution apparently didn't work so well.

Didn't the Lips start that project on a smaller scale, with fewer boom-boxes to synchronize, done outdoors?

That's pretty much exactly it. It was completely wrong to have it in an arena like Hilton. It was still rude of our students to heckle and boo, but at the same time I can understand it.

• Informative
Reactions: cyclones500

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
The John Lennon album Plastic Ono Band (the most emotional work of his life) is a top 50 album discussion.

The band Plastic Ono Band as in the Yoko Ono audio noise vehicle definitely belongs in this thread.

The very one.

• Funny
Reactions: HFCS