"The Worst Band of all Time"

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
That was frustrating to listen to...terribly offbeat. Seems like an attempt by musical elitists to make something cool that is terrible.

I actually think it's the opposite. A terribly un-hip group trying to sound good, but playing so poorly, it actually became cool.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I've been reading a lot lately about one of the most polarizing bands ever, The Shaggs. They could hardly play their instruments, or carry a tune, but there's something interesting, almost hypnotic, about their music. Zappa and Cobain both listed "Philosophy of the World" among their top 5 all-time favorites. Here are a couple of articles and the title track to their album (also, check out "My Pal Foot Foot" if you want more). Fascinating stuff.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1999/09/27/meet-the-shaggs

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...ivisive-philosophy-of-the-world-album-w437682

This is awesome. It's so rare to find people so unaffected by cultural norms and so original. It is fascinating. It's kind of like weird twitter, only more real.

That guitar solo at 2:40...

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
You dont know jack about music if you think Candlebox is one of the worst bands ever. I've been playing guitar for 15 years now and some of their guitar work is great.

I don't mind a little Candlebox but I never really thought I'd encounter a Candlebox hardo.

• Funny
Reactions: srjclone

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
You dont know jack about music if you think Candlebox is one of the worst bands ever. I've been playing guitar for 15 years now and some of their guitar work is great.

Congrats on playing guitar. This is a pretty subjective topic so saying I don't know jack about music because I tab Candlebox as the worst band ever is kind of stupid. Their songwriting is bad. Embarrassingly bad. As in the worst. Check out their lyrics. And everything about them is just phony. They're the 'Johnny Bravo' of the 90s... the outfits are right, the pained emotional expressions are spot on, post-grunge hair-length and theatrical hand movements are perfect. Sure thing. Bands like Candlebox are like American soccer. Technically it might be ok, but it's not convincing. This is my opinion. You have yours. The great thing about a conversation like this is no one is right or wrong. Just opinions.

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
Those chicks can wail. A little taken back that I had never heard of them before.