The Undefeated on ESPN - Iowa Football PR Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
KF is laughing all the way to the bank. Gotta hand it to the guy, he parlayed a 'good' season into an extension that easily gets him to retirement and greatly improves BFs chances of taking over. He could care less about what happens with this story now. If someone does like it, buy out his contract, make BF HC and he is gone. Otherwise, sit down, shut up and enjoy 10 more years of mediocrity and embarrassment.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Because it is a big deal to throw that out there when it has never been reported on lol.

Just because it was never reported on doesn't mean it didn't happen. There are probably lots of things that you don't personally know about that have happened.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Just because it was never reported on doesn't mean it didn't happen. There are probably lots of things that you don't personally know about that have happened.
He’s a Hawk fan. He’s probably a flat earther too.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
That article/writer calls KF out for what he is: a dictator, a control freak, a stuck in the mud old timer who refuses to change, and a master of nepotism. It says what every journalist in Iowa SHOULD be saying, but is too coward to write.

I’m always fascinated how Iowa fan manages to simultaneously think that Kirk is a control freak, and totally responsible for his program, but has no idea what happens inside the walls.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
It just amazes me how the Iowa media just continues to give Kirk a free pass on all of this because he's a "good guy". They are part of the problem IMO. Kirk never should have gotten the chance to "fix" this, he had his chance. This is basic HR stuff, there are no do overs.
The media, and it's not just those covering Iowa Football, go to this well over and over again. The Satterfield and Everson case should've ended Ferentz and Barta, but they got off on the "I'm not perfect, looking back we should've handled it differently," crap, when it was very obvious what was happening. Well, more accurately, if you were a coach trying to cover up a sexual assault, you would've taken the exact steps that Ferentz took. But he's a good guy, so he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

The "Here's what I think of your Rhabdo story, coach of the year award" story was the same thing. Media said this is bad, but Ferentz deserves the benefit of the doubt. He donates money to the hospital.

Racism scandal, same thing.

Kirk's duped all these clueless dolts.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It's pretty damn ironic because when Penn St was going through the whole Sandusky/Joe Pa debacle local media here tore that apart. I specifically remember Murph and Andy railing on the whole "total control of the program" regarding Joe Pa and here we are. It's the same damn thing and the local media has just been like aw shucks that's classic Kirk. I'm sure if anyone can correct it he can.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
It's pretty damn ironic because when Penn St was going through the whole Sandusky/Joe Pa debacle local media here tore that apart. I specifically remember Murph and Andy railing on the whole "total control of the program" regarding Joe Pa and here we are. It's the same damn thing and the local media has just been like aw shucks that's classic Kirk. I'm sure if anyone can correct it he can.
Murphy's takes on this were as clueless as his COVID takes.

Reality - not very many former players were actually calling for Ferentz to be fired.

Murphy's interpretation - Not only do players not want Ferentz fired, overwhelmingly former players think Kirk is the right guy to fix this problem.

Well, I guess he's right in a sense that when you are the problem, you probably are best suited to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.