The Undefeated on ESPN - Iowa Football PR Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
All these rewards and protection for a coach who gets rolled 42-3 in a conference title game that his team backed into in the first place and then loses to Kentucky...perennial SEC power Kentucky...in a bowl game. No comprende.
That's what happens when the unbalanced schedule puts the second place team in the weak division into the CCG.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Reading the article, it reminds me of a king dissolving parliament when they try to restrain his power. And then installing a new parliament that will be a rubber stamp he can control.
Before I read, is that article basically rehashing the Monday article that got no traction due to the slanted journalism?

• Dumb
Reactions: alarson and MJ29

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Only older people listen to local news and radio man.

Recruits do not.

If you think recruits don't pay attention to the news about programs they're being recruited to, I don't know what to tell you.

If you think local TV/radio/newspaper coverage doesn't drive conversation among fan bases, activity on social media, and helps shape narratives on national TV broadcasts - and that recruits don't pay attention to that - I don't know what to tell you.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
What coach said the N word and what coach said Dumb*** Black player?

Why does it matter what coach said it?

If any coach said that and the head coach didn't do anything then it falls on the head coach.

I've told the story of an ISU assistant coach saying racist stuff to players when I was playing, we the players went right to coach Mac and that coach was gone - reduced to coaching High School in Colorado.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
What coach said the N word and what coach said Dumb*** Black player?
Was it the one who was paid in excess of $1M to exit the program and was called a 'Good Friend' by MFHFCKF on his way out the door, or the other primary accused who is still running a legitimately offensive offense?

Carnegie

Jul 10, 2019
Only older people listen to local news and radio man.

Recruits do not.

I agree.
Also, how many recruits from Mississippi, for example, are going to read this ESPN article and really care? Not many. These recruits don't care. ie: I. Young goes from a Jack Trice program to Mississippi, the state with the most imbedded historical racism in the US. Young went to Mississippi for perceived opportunity. No worries about prejudices, racism, discrimination, etc. IMO

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Why does it matter what coach said it?

If any coach said that and the head coach didn't do anything then it falls on the head coach.

I've told the story of an ISU assistant coach saying racist stuff to players when I was playing, we the players went right to coach Mac and that coach was gone - reduced to coaching High School in Colorado.
Because it is a big deal to throw that out there when it has never been reported on lol.

• Dumb
Reactions: aauummm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron