The Tournament

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
That group would have a chance to compete. With the current commits, they're a long shot. I'm hoping we hear a few changes/additions because how fun would it be to watch that roster?

I think that they'd have a chance to win it. But they would absolutely need to have Royce on board to make any kind of run.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I think that they'd have a chance to win it. But they would absolutely need to have Royce on board to make any kind of run.

Would love to see Royce around that talent, but I think Ejim, Babb, and DG are all more proven and important.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
According to the info graphic you quoted: Dolomiti Energia Trento in Italy.

The point guard on Dustin Hogue's team in Italy is . . . Aaron Craft!

P.S. Others in the Italy league include Tyrus McGee and Jiri Hubalek.

Last edited:

akellar

Nov 28, 2008
Stuart, IA
I don't know that I would. Bubu averaged 10ppg in the D-League. Lucious was over in Poland in 15-16, but I don't know that he even played anywhere last year.

Article from Bleacher Report on Royce mentioned Lucious playing in the same Canadian league this year

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Would love to see Royce around that talent, but I think Ejim, Babb, and DG are all more proven and important.
Saying Royce isn't proven is a complicated statement. Similar to most things with him.

HiltonMagicLegends

May 8, 2017
Some of the people we reached out to we obviously didn't get to commit, and some had other commitments already. Our communication with Craig seemed to break down over the last couple of weeks, and as of now he is unfortunately not with us. Like most ISU teams in the past, we are dominate at guard but we feel as though the way the tournament plays we have a great squad to take a run at the title this summer. We added Chris Commons, who is a TBT Vet, to bolster our big spot which we are very excited about

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
With all the fan hype on this board about TBT this team is kind of a disappointment imo. I mean they had to get a non ISU guy to complete the roster. I'm still excited but not like I was a few months ago.
I agree. Missing just couple guys that could have really made the team good.

It's probably just not worth the risk if guys are making good money overseas. Or maybe a few guys will try to land on summer league teams.

I'll still try to watch as many games as I can. Will be fun to see these guys again.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I agree. Missing just couple guys that could have really made the team good.

It's probably just not worth the risk if guys are making good money overseas. Or maybe a few guys will try to land on summer league teams.

I'll still try to watch as many games as I can. Will be fun to see these guys again.
I think this is the biggest problem in trying to land the Melvin and Royce type guys that would make the biggest impact. They can't commit to playing in the Tournament because they need to stay available for the NBA summer league.

• Agree
Reactions: HiltonMagicLegends

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
With all the fan hype on this board about TBT this team is kind of a disappointment imo. I mean they had to get a non ISU guy to complete the roster. I'm still excited but not like I was a few months ago.

Same here, I'll still follow it and everything, but not nearly as excited.

Adding the non-ISU guy really soured it for me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron