Misc: The Open Championship 2021

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It's the Open. Coffee? You're all barbarians.

3C21E63E-A307-4211-91E0-D43FB3AC5D35.gif

Full Disclosure: 100% black coffee guy here. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Am I missing something from that clip? Seems like a pretty common response to a bad (for him) round.

It’s an accumulation of all his BS. There is a reason he’s hated on tour and his caddy that just quit called him a “horrible human”

Reactions: isutrevman

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
It’s an accumulation of all his BS. There is a reason he’s hated on tour and his caddy that just quit called him a “horrible human”

Cobra came out with a response today also. In that response, the word “stupid” is used in reference to what he said and he is compared to an 8 year old with a constant tantrum.

EDIT: Article included

Reactions: Hoggins

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I've been mostly indifferent about Bryson, but **** his comments were stupid. I'm all for pushing the limits, and long drives are fun as hell to watch, but if you want to hit more fairways maybe don't try to crush every drive 360 yards. That's the trade off, buddy.

If Cobra can come up with a club that can take a drive that's hit 40 yards offline and get it to go back to the fairway let me know though, I'm in.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
If Bryson is truly blaming the club instead of himself than I agree the comments are dumb. I just took it as someone frustrated with their swing.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
If Bryson is truly blaming the club instead of himself than I agree the comments are dumb. I just took it as someone frustrated with their swing.

Go read or watch the whole quote. He’s absolutely blaming the equipment, which is ******* hilarious because without modern equipment he’s not hitting it 375 or whatever BS distance

His quotes on Tuesday about not yelling fore are even worse.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I've been mostly indifferent about Bryson, but **** his comments were stupid. I'm all for pushing the limits, and long drives are fun as hell to watch, but if you want to hit more fairways maybe don't try to crush every drive 360 yards. That's the trade off, buddy.

If Cobra can come up with a club that can take a drive that's hit 40 yards offline and get it to go back to the fairway let me know though, I'm in.

He’s trying to hit a 5 degree driver with 200 mph swing speeds (in the article), and expects to hit a draw? Also ******** about jumper lies out of the rough.

1. Ya ain’t hitting a draw like that, and I don’t care how “smart” you are
2. EVERYONE ELSE deals with lies like that

He had a pretty stress free birdie this morning. Par 5. Hit iron off the tee. Hit iron into the green. Just missed a 25 foot eagle putt. Taps in for birdie. And I’m guessing the subtleties of the barometric pressure on that hole didn’t lead to any of those decisions or the birdie itself.

He’s a tool. Simple as that.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
He’s trying to hit a 5 degree driver with 200 mph swing speeds (in the article), and expects to hit a draw? Also ******** about jumper lies out of the rough.

1. Ya ain’t hitting a draw like that, and I don’t care how “smart” you are
2. EVERYONE ELSE deals with lies like that

He had a pretty stress free birdie this morning. Par 5. Hit iron off the tee. Hit iron into the green. Just missed a 25 foot eagle putt. Taps in for birdie. And I’m guessing the subtleties of the barometric pressure on that hole didn’t lead to any of those decisions or the birdie itself.

He’s a tool. Simple as that.
He's the whiny kid that wants to blame everything but himself for when things go wrong.

Reactions: enisthemenace