The long wait until a very mediocre football season has begun!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Idk if I'd blame it all on Campbell. The players keep choking in those games. Game plan is certainly a legit point of contention I agree.
When the players keep choking in this one particular game, and it's over the course of 9 years with completely different sets of players, I think that comes back to coaching.

And I don't want to sound negative about Campbell. I love him and think he's the best coach ISU has ever had, but he absolutely f*cking sucks out loud against Kirk Ferentz, and it's annoying.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'm not sure how any red blooded Cyclone wouldn't be jacked to watch this team play. We have exciting playmakers all over the offense, an OL that seemed to improve significantly, and you can set your watch on the defense being hard nosed and solid (if unspectacular). It's year 1 of the wide open new look Big 12 and we have a shot at winning every game outside of Iowa and probably Utah.

1711718685556.gif

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
When the players keep choking in this one particular game, and it's over the course of 9 years with completely different sets of players, I think that comes back to coaching.

And I don't want to sound negative about Campbell. I love him and think he's the best coach ISU has ever had, but he absolutely f*cking sucks out loud against Kirk Ferentz, and it's annoying.
I'm sick of losing to them but the players have to sack up IMO. It's not on Campbell to force the right head space into you. That's on the individual and team leaders.

Reactions: Aclone

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
I still have not forgiven Campbell for the Memphis game. Do they really have that much more team talent than we do?

Anyway, somebody tell me why I should be excited about this football season because I am not.
I think you need to now focus on the Cyclone baseball team. They are putting together a helluva season.

Reactions: 1100011CS

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm sick of losing to them but the players have to sack up IMO. It's not on Campbell to force the right head space into you. That's on the individual and team leaders.
In a given year, I agree. Campbell didn't fumble that punt in 2019. Campbell didn't comically fail at tackling Akrum Wadley in 2017. Campbell didn't throw 4 picks or fumble in the end zone in 2021. But.....

When it happens repeatedly over different classes and groups of players, that feels like a coaching issue.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I still have not forgiven Campbell for the Memphis game. Do they really have that much more team talent than we do?

Anyway, somebody tell me why I should be excited about this football season because I am not.
Dear UnCytely,

I'm afraid that we have decided to not renew your contract for the upcoming year. Your performance has not been meeting expectations and little progress has been made on your corrective action plan.

We encourage you to seek relationships with other teams that are better suited to your particular skillset and aspirations. We have a few connections with Ohio State and Alabama and close ties with professional organizations that represent all the Big 10 and SEC schools. We would not hinder your pursuit of relationships with any of these more suitable positions and would provide a professional and non-negative review of your tenure with us.

Once again, thank you for your time with us. We appreciate the sacrifices you have personally made along the way and how our organization has not met your needs in the timeframe you require.

We request that you take your time to carefully pack all ISU labeled and Cardinal and Gold decorated items and drop them off with Kari in HR as you exit the premises.

Sincerely,

ISU Fandom

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011

You must be a lot of fun at a party.

Reactions: ackatch

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I’ve been excited about ONE season in the past 15 years or so. That was after the "big" bowl game win over Oregon. We all know how that season sucked. It’s just easier to accept that we are Iowa State and special seasons happen once or twice in a lifetime. Since the moment I walked onto ISU's campus in 1978 I remember three seasons that I termed as great in my memory. Two of those were under Earle Bruce. The other under McCarney. We've definitely had some fun seasons under CMC. I'm glad he is our coach. It’s always better once we get past the annual loss to Iowa. There are those magical games scattered here and there that excite the imagination. It’s become a rarity to be blown out now. Used to be the norm 3-4 times a season. 6-7 wins a year sure beats the alternative. This season looks like another one of those. I’ll be there cheering and cursing as ISU fans are wont to do. I’ll also have my patented Iowa State nut cup handy.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Because of our results in that game under Campbell.

With the exception of 2022 it's our worst performance every single year. Hell, it might have been our worst performance in 2022, but they just found a way to go lower. Our game plan is almost always terrible (2019 was an exception) and we just find ways to completely choke. Until proven otherwise, I'm filing that game as a guaranteed loss.

It's at the point where I feel like Campbell almost enjoys losing that game to teach the team some kind of lesson. It's just baffling. He has a better record against Oklahoma.

Yeah, Iowa is eminently beatable. Just not by us.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

This is why you shouldn't post drunk. As someone else said your **** is weird in the politics forum...this is exceptional even with your low standards.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Imagine starting a thread thinking any of us care about your ******* feelings? This is the most excited I’ve ever been for Cyclone football, literally no one gives a **** if you aren’t
Can't wait for the day he figures out his mother is a lying *****. You're not relevant.

Reactions: RagingCloner

OscarBerkshire

Jul 14, 2022
Waterloo
I do kind of agree tho... the hype train is just not alive at all for me for football. Best case scenario for me is a win against Iowa (lol) and a bowl game win ending the season at 8 wins. I mean we got absolutely dominated on the LoS by Memphis. There is no world in which we have a top half of FBS O-Line next year. Defense will again be acceptable. I think 8-9 wins with a bowl game W would be a great season for this team

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron