The Last of Us HBO series

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
If it's what I think he's talking about what he said isn't much for spoilery
I really dont care that much. I expect the gang gets into a bit of trouble with either fungus zombies, fedra, or some other faction.

Maybe they spend the whole episode scrounging for ammo and supplies. That’s a big part of the game, correct?

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Dam, we're moving right along. The scene I mentioned was pretty much shot for shot and done well, with a nice little foreshadow in there too.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
My only problem with this episode was it felt a bit rushed. Particularly the university sequence. This could have easily been 2 episodes, and probably should have IMO.

• Dumb
Reactions: 2speedy1 and bstegs

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Probably my least favorite episode, only due to the fact that we kind of knew the big reveal at the end. So you're just kind of waiting for that to happen. There was some new but not new information about Ellie (spoiler below) so this just kind of felt like a bottle episode.

It was still good TV, but the show has been pretty propulsive and this just felt like the breaks really got thrown on here. Plus we already kind of had the episode with Bill and Frank, which in all honesty was just a story that was done better than this one. Also, we already know Ellie got bit so you're just kind of waiting for that to happen. We already know Ellie said everybody she has ever cared about is dead or left, so immediately you know what Riley character is probably toast. Again it was fine, nothing against it, but this season is almost over and this gave us not really much new information.

Reactions: legi

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Probably my least favorite episode, only due to the fact that we kind of knew the big reveal at the end. So you're just kind of waiting for that to happen. There was some new but not new information about Ellie (spoiler below) so this just kind of felt like a bottle episode.

It was still good TV, but the show has been pretty propulsive and this just felt like the breaks really got thrown on here. Plus we already kind of had the episode with Bill and Frank, which in all honesty was just a story that was done better than this one. Also, we already know Ellie got bit so you're just kind of waiting for that to happen. We already know Ellie said everybody she has ever cared about is dead or left, so immediately you know what Riley character is probably toast. Again it was fine, nothing against it, but this season is almost over and this gave us not really much new information.
To me the mall reminded me of Stranger Things a little bit.

• Agree
Reactions: SerenityNow

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Thought the same thing, not really sure I could watch the show again if it was that boring and not furthering the story line. It felt like the walking dead and that show was brutally bad most of the time.

• Dumb
Reactions: alarson

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Thought the same thing, not really sure I could watch the show again if it was that boring and not furthering the story line. It felt like the walking dead and that show was brutally bad most of the time.
The stuff that happens in that episode has a massive effect on Ellie as a character, particularly the survivorship guilt she has, wanting her life to mean something

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Thought it was a great adaptation of the source. Some of that stuff from the mall looked identical. Was a great opportunity for Bella to show her talents as well. Her reaction to getting the bite, trying to wipe it away, the dread, was just perfect.

I thought it was pretty good too, IMO one of the best story moments the game had to offer.

My only complaint so far is I was hoping for so more surprises like episode 3, but since then it’s been pretty faithful to the game.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I thought it was pretty good too, IMO one of the best story moments the game had to offer.

My only complaint so far is I was hoping for so more surprises like episode 3, but since then it’s been pretty faithful to the game.

We would probably have more of those if the episode order was for more than nine episodes. Modern TV with the short episode orders really leaves little time to do much more

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The stuff that happens in that episode has a massive effect on Ellie as a character, particularly the survivorship guilt she has, wanting her life to mean something

We knew that already though.

• Disagree
Reactions: alarson

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I just can't disagree more, but its hard to explain without knowing what is to come.

Maybe that's fair, I haven't played the game and I haven't looked up anything that is to come so this might be important going forward. I'm just saying, a travel narrative is a propulsive narrative and if you're going to take me out of that, I don't want to be shown something that I already know the outcome of. For the first time on Sunday I spent about half the show on my phone. I haven't been tempted to second screen so far during this show at any point, and this time it could hardly keep my attention.

Prior to this episode, if I said there were 3 animating things about Ellie it's that she's been abandoned or lost everyone important in her life, she got bit and didn't turn, and she's got an (understandable) bit of a messiah complex. Maybe we learned something important that is to come, but I don't know what that might be and IMO that's not good storytelling.

It might not be fair because the Bill and Frank episode might be the best episode of TV we've seen in the last few years but we already got taken out of the story once for Bill and Frank. We didn't know what was going to happen with Bill and Frank. Everybody knew exactly what was going to ultimately happen as soon as Ellie went in that mall.