The Ku/UK game drew a 2.0 rating ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I still have a headache from all the promos.

But anyway, that's the same number as Wisconsin v. Iowa in-season football, and 10% below Baylor at Texas as well as the K-State v. aTm Texas Bowl. ND's loss at Texas drew 6.4.

More reason why football rules, I guess.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I would much rather sit down and watch a college basketball game that I have no interest/allegiance in vs a college football game. It's winter so there isn't anything else to do, games aren't so long, games are faster paced, etc.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Most people don't care about college basketball till march. Especially people in pro sport cities.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I would much rather sit down and watch a college basketball game that I have no interest/allegiance in vs a college football game. It's winter so there isn't anything else to do, games aren't so long, games are faster paced, etc.
If I could like, agree, winner, heart this post all at once I would. All I get from that rating is that many Americans are missing out big time. Football gets worse and more lame every year.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn

I guess that's an observation expressing your personal preference, but it's certainly not the view of TV watchers. Given all the hype, I thought the Ku/UK game would have had more eyeballs but was not surprised by the comparative ratings, actually.

Last edited:

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Too bad. I'm not saying it was a display of basketball in its purest form, but it was a damn entertaining game to watch as a casual observer. Neither team played great down the stretch but I again found myself jealous of KU's ability to close against a tough team on the road, especially a few hours after our debacle against a middling P5 team.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Wasn't it a 6pm game? How did it compare to the 8pm game?

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Wasn't the game the highest rated ESPN hoop game of the year? Basketball doesn't have as high of ratings as football does but they also play 3X the amount of games.

Help Support Us

Become a patron