The Fran fade

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
12 years and not one snapshot moment or accomplishment the fanbase can point to and hang their hat on. Thats pretty dang sad. The guy is likely to end up being the winningest coach in program history as well.

Playing for a national championship.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Probably not. Our starting center on our WBB team is not opting in for the extra Covid year as far as I know. Haven't heard boo about it or her senior guard teammate. Just assuming both are graduating and moving on with their lives. Seems schools mostly announce something only if their seniors are returning. We do know our WBB seniors graduated, they did social media on that but than again all of the gals that stay for four years graduate, all of them.

IMHO the whole extra year thing was a big pre-mature overreaction by the NCAA considering how things actually ended up playing out. All that most basketball players really missed was one NCAA Tournament and a handful of non-conference games. I'd have just kept the "extra" year as an exception for players that maybe missed more than 1/2 their games or elected to opt out of the season (would not penalize a player for opting out).

IAHawkeyes

Jun 10, 2021
Probably not. Our starting center on our WBB team is not opting in for the extra Covid year as far as I know. Haven't heard boo about it or her senior guard teammate. Just assuming both are graduating and moving on with their lives. Seems schools mostly announce something only if their seniors are returning. We do know our WBB seniors graduated, they did social media on that but than again all of the gals that stay for four years graduate, all of them.

IMHO the whole extra year thing was a big pre-mature overreaction by the NCAA considering how things actually ended up playing out. All that most basketball players really missed was one NCAA Tournament and a handful of non-conference games. I'd have just kept the "extra" year as an exception for players that maybe missed more than 1/2 their games or elected to opt out of the season (would not penalize a player for opting out).

The only difference is Wieskamp just finished his junior season. He would have the option to come back without the Covid year being offered.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

Personally I'm okay with the extra year, simply because the athletes had to sacrifice a lot this past season to stay safe and keep the seasons going. There had to be some sort of mechanism to reward them, and that was the one the NCAA had the power to do. Which is also why it's an opportune time to push through
NIL and such.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Purdue cancelled the visit on Josh Dix. I think he'll go to Iowa as long as Creighton doesn't want him

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nickel isn't going to Iowa and Bowen isn't even a top 150 recruit. You will land mulvey though
Nickel will replace Weiskamp
Nickel is likely going to be a Hawk.
Nickel isn't going to Iowa.
Well we all do, but I want 2 of these 3. Holloman, King, Nickel. Now that TJ is in Ames it looks like Holloman and Nickel are our only shot.
Call me clairvoyant

Help Support Us

Become a patron