The Fran fade

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
So, if lowa would lose their first game it wouldn't affect their seed? Plus you can say they are meaningless since Iowa has never one one under Fran, LOL!!

Got a week left, but I'll bet you whatever NET Iowa is going in the Big10 Tournament that is the seed they get. IE if they win the last 2 and go into the Big10 tournament #5 in the NET, they will be GUARANTEED a #2 seed even if they don't win a game.

• Haha
Reactions: Cytown12

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Got a week left, but I'll bet you whatever NET Iowa is going in the Big10 Tournament that is the seed they get. IE if they win the last 2 and go into the Big10 tournament #5 in the NET, they will be GUARANTEED a #2 seed even if they don't win a game.

I don't believe that actually. I think Iowa could drop a seed if they lose in the first round.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I don't believe that actually. I think Iowa could drop a seed if they lose in the first round.

Iowa wouldn't drop to #9 in the NET losing one game. I don't see how they drop out of a #2 seed if they win both games this week.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

I keep forgetting that JP is on the selection committee. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

GoIaHawkS

Feb 14, 2021
Just love laughing at all your stupid posts. Not at work today? Probably pretty lonely in that big house of yours. Lunch at mommy and daddy's today like in everyday? LOL!!
Well my parents live just up the road from me, so I do visit them for lunch quite often. I wouldn’t say my house is huge either.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycl0nepower

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
NET isn't always straight chalk.
This. Right now if the committee were using straight NET rankings, Houston would a 1 seed and Colgate would be a 3 seed. There are also a some teams in the NET's top-50 that won't be getting a bid in the tournament at all.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
To the Iowa fans thinking that Iowa State fans are losing their minds right now...

Yes, there are certainly some very salty fans right now. We are barely even a shell of the program what we used to be and Iowa is having a great year. But please do not act like there weren't droves of Iowa fans on here almost every single week during football season doing similar things.

I remember getting into an argument with some Iowa fan on here going into the game @ Texas and that fan tried to claim we hadn't accomplished anything yet this season and we weren't that good.

Iowa State had a better year in football and was talked about nationally almost every single week of the season. That made Iowa fans jealous / envious. If you say it didn't, then you're no different than the Iowa State fans claiming they're not jealous / full of envy right now.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
It is a down year regardless of perspective. Only 2 really good teams.... the rest are playing for 3rd place.
It's not necessarily a down year. There is more parity in college basketball and it has been trending that way for a while now. Duke was a 1 seed with 5 losses 2 years ago. Michigan, Kentucky and Mich St were 2 seeds with 6 losses.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It's not necessarily a down year. There is more parity in college basketball and it has been trending that way for a while now. Duke was a 1 seed with 5 losses 2 years ago. Michigan, Kentucky and Mich St were 2 seeds with 6 losses.
The Big 10 and Big 12 are not down. I don't think the Big East is down either. SEC is down a bit, the ACC is down a bit, and the PAC-12 is pitiful in yet another sport.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
To the Iowa fans thinking that Iowa State fans are losing their minds right now...

Yes, there are certainly some very salty fans right now. We are barely even a shell of the program what we used to be and Iowa is having a great year. But please do not act like there weren't droves of Iowa fans on here almost every single week during football season doing similar things.

I remember getting into an argument with some Iowa fan on here going into the game @ Texas and that fan tried to claim we hadn't accomplished anything yet this season and we weren't that good.

Iowa State had a better year in football and was talked about nationally almost every single week of the season. That made Iowa fans jealous / envious. If you say it didn't, then you're no different than the Iowa State fans claiming they're not jealous / full of envy right now.

Biggest difference was that Iowa also had a top 20 football team too. Can't say that for ISU basketball, which I think has made ISU fans even more salty.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Ok - Iowa didn't steal one at Michigan. Thanks for confirmation.

Michigan was not even in the preseason rankings. Is it that Iowa has just regressed and Michigan has advanced more? Sure Michigan has played fewer games than Iowa due to COVID, but their bigs have been a force and really outmuscled Garza. Even if they had Nunge for the whole game, I don't he is the difference maker in that game. I really see Michigan as a Final Four team. Playing well at the right time.