The Fran fade

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
That's not what I meant. I guess I meant both he's good and also has a lot of room to grow. that's why he's a top 10 pick. Garza pretty much is what he is at this point. He might show some improved range but he's near his ceiling. I still think there could be a spot on someone's bench for him with some limited playing time.

Garza will sign an NBA contract and he'll have a spot in the league for the rest of his life barring any injury or a change in his heart to go play over seas. Who knows. That'll be his choice. If he can figure out how to drastically improve his foot speed and quickness, maybe he can do something in the league.

The only comp I can even think of is Jokic, and he has a skill set that Garza doesn't come close to. I just can't think over anyone else with Garza's size and skill set that gets any amount of time in the NBA.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Follow along.

@SouthernCy said if Haliburton didn't get hurt last season then he would been "up for a crap ton of awards".

He may have been 1st team all conference but that's about it. He wouldn't have came close to the honors Garza earned last season.
Halliburton could've been up for Big 12 POY, which he wouldn't have won over Dok from KU. He was a candidate for the Bob Cousy award but obviously didn't win.

It's EXTREMELY hard to get any accolade if you're on an awful team. Like damn near impossible. Even if Halliburton would've finished the year, he likely wouldn't have won any sort of award.

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
Garza was a junior last year- TH was a soph- perhaps if TH was coming back he’d be a NPOY candidate as well? Garza didn’t have the same year as a sophomore as he did last year. What we DO know is that a year from now Garza won’t be as high a pick as TH is about to be.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Wait what?
That's my prediction. He isn't going to get drafted, but will find his way into the league through the G-League or will get picked up sometime. Once you sign a contract though, you usually stay in the league and just bounce around from team to team for years.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Garza was a junior last year- TH was a soph- perhaps if TH was coming back he’d be a NPOY candidate as well? Garza didn’t have the same year as a sophomore as he did last year. What we DO know is that a year from now Garza won’t be as high a pick as TH is about to be.
Tyrese would definitely be listed as a candidate. Would he be listed as a finalist? Probably not if he shot the same amount as he did last year. A lot of that award is attributed how well you can put the ball into the basket, and Tyrese's game just isn't like that.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Hopefully, at some point, you realize how dumb this post is.

College game doesn't always translate to the NBA game.

What point are you trying to dispute? It is a fact he was runner up for NPOY and a fact he wouldn't have been a 1st round draft pick.

It is a fact that Haliburton was 2nd team all conference and a fact he will be drafted in the 1st round and will most likely be a lottery pick.
It isn't dumb at all. You are claiming Garza is an amazing talent. If he is such an amazing talent, the NBA would want him. Period. Is he good? Absolutely. But trying to say a healthy Haliburton wouldn't have came close to touching Garza's accolades is idiotic.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
That's my prediction. He isn't going to get drafted, but will find his way into the league through the G-League or will get picked up sometime. Once you sign a contract though, you usually stay in the league and just bounce around from team to team for years.
I disagree with this. Unless he developed a more consistent threw point shot (more like 40%, he was at 35ish% last year) or he became one hell of a ball handler I don't see it. Someone on twitter tried to say Georges shouldn't be in the league and Garza is a better score than him. I heavily disagreed with that because to be a better scorer, imo, means you are more versatile in the ways you can score. Georges has great feet, a great three point shot, a great ball handler, and is good under the basket. Garza is clearly better under the basket than Georges, but he doesn't have better feet, he doesn't have a better three point shot, and he isn't as good or near to close to the same ball handler. Hence, Garza won't be drafted. IMO

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
It isn't dumb at all. You are claiming Garza is an amazing talent. If he is such an amazing talent, the NBA would want him. Period. Is he good? Absolutely. But trying to say a healthy Haliburton wouldn't have came close to touching Garza's accolades is idiotic.

Please forgive @TrianglePlace . He lives near power lines and can’t help the stupid things he posts. Heard it’s quite the sight to be around him when someone in the house turns on the microwave!

• Funny
Reactions: Cytown12

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I disagree with this. Unless he developed a more consistent threw point shot (more like 40%, he was at 35ish% last year) or he became one hell of a ball handler I don't see it. Someone on twitter tried to say Georges shouldn't be in the league and Garza is a better score than him. I heavily disagreed with that because to be a better scorer, imo, means you are more versatile in the ways you can score. Georges has great feet, a great three point shot, a great ball handler, and is good under the basket. Garza is clearly better under the basket than Georges, but he doesn't have better feet, he doesn't have a better three point shot, and he isn't as good or near to close to the same ball handler. Hence, Garza won't be drafted. IMO

Someone comparing Garza to Georges is just stupid. Georges is in the league and playing meaningful minutes because he's versatile, can shoot and creates for himself and others. Garza is a post up scorer or catches and shoots. Completely different players and Garza is very limited at the next level

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Someone comparing Garza to Georges is just stupid. Georges is in the league and playing meaningful minutes because he's versatile, can shoot and creates for himself and others. Garza is a post up scorer or catches and shoots. Completely different players and Garza is very limited at the next level

Unhidable

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Reminds me of watching the 76ers/Wizards yesterday. Joel Embiid against Thomas Bryant. Luka couldn't hang against the likes of that. He would get abused. Insert Garza kissing bicep bump here.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

Did you ever see Georges under the basket with his footwork and ability to hit shots in the paint? I’m not sure Garza is better there

Reactions: kcbob79clone

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Absolutely agree. Couldn't believe they were trying to make that comparison and even say that Garza is a more versatile scorer. That was their premise for why Garza would be drafted

Help Support Us

Become a patron