The Fran fade

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Delusional??? Do you think Garza didn't deserve to be 1st team all-american?
I never said he didn't. But Trying to say NBA potential doesn't matter when comparing whos the better player, let alone to say Haliburton couldn't have sniffed being NPOY is just asinine.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
You can have the 2nd team all conference guy that gets drafted in the lottery.

I am thrilled Iowa has a returning conference POTY, first team all American and runner up NPOY coming back.
Keep pushing that, maybe you'll someday believe that if Haliburton doesn't get hurt he is up for a crap ton of awards and STILL is a lotto pick. Regardless, stupid pick by you.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I never said he didn't. But Trying to say NBA potential doesn't matter when comparing whos the better player, let alone to say Haliburton couldn't have sniffed being NPOY is just asinine.
Haliburton sure as hell wasn't going to be a contender for NPOY last season minus 10 games or not. Who the hell knows what he would've accomplished if he'd have stayed. Garza's style and attributes don't translate as well to the NBA as it is today. Everybody knows that. It doesn't take anything away from him being dominant in cbb.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Haliburton sure as hell wasn't going to be a contender for NPOY last season minus 10 games or not. Who the hell knows what he would've accomplished if he'd have stayed. Garza's style and attributes don't translate as well to the NBA as it is today. Everybody knows that. It doesn't take anything away from him being dominant in cbb.

Garza was dominant and Iowa was mediocre. Hard to disagree with that

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I'll ask the question again since @TrianglePlace won't answer it:
If Garza is such an amazing player with such high end talent, can you explain why the NBA doesn't want him then? Because as you've stated, he was runner up to NPOY. You'd think the NBA would be licking their chops to have such a talent as that

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Keep pushing that, maybe you'll someday believe that if Haliburton doesn't get hurt he is up for a crap ton of awards and STILL is a lotto pick. Regardless, stupid pick by you.
Haliburton was/is good. But he is being drafted because of his potential which he is far away from at this point.

• Funny

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
If Garza is such an amazing player with such high end talent, can you explain why the NBA doesn't want him then? Because as you've stated, he was runner up to NPOY. You'd think the NBA would be licking their chops to have such a talent as that
Garza is an amazing player with high end talent. Just not for the NBA as its played now. What part of that don't you understand? NBA and college are different. Garza is an all-american and very well could be again. He is one of the best if not the best COLLEGE basketball players in the country.

• Funny

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Haliburton was/is good. But he is being drafted because of his potential which he is far away from at this point.
Tyrese was a top 3 PG in CBB last year. He's a pass first guy who averaged 15 pts, shooting 60% from the 2 and 42% from the 3. He also averaged 6.5 assists on a team that couldn't shoot, brought in 6 rebounds a game, and had 2.5 steals a game.

His potential to be great in the NBA stems from the fact that he's incredibly raw, but at the same time is incredibly efficient.

He was on a bad team, but was still talked about as being one of the best players in all of CBB.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Tyrese was a top 3 PG in CBB last year. He's a pass first guy who averaged 15 pts, shooting 60% from the 2 and 42% from the 3. He also averaged 6.5 assists on a team that couldn't shoot, brought in 6 rebounds a game, and had 2.5 steals a game.

His potential to be great in the NBA stems from the fact that he's incredibly raw, but at the same time is incredibly efficient.

He was on a bad team, but was still talked about as being one of the best players in all of CBB.
At no point did I dispute anything you just said. He's good, I'll add a "very".

Reactions: Statefan10

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020

He may have gotten 1st team all conference if he didn't get hurt but he wouldn't be near Garza's accolades.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020

Hopefully, at some point, you realize how dumb this post is.

College game doesn't always translate to the NBA game.

What point are you trying to dispute? It is a fact he was runner up for NPOY and a fact he wouldn't have been a 1st round draft pick.

It is a fact that Haliburton was 2nd team all conference and a fact he will be drafted in the 1st round and will most likely be a lottery pick.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
At no point did I dispute anything you just said. He's good, I'll add a "very".
I don't think you meant to be disrespectful, but it sounded like you were saying he was only getting drafted high because of his potential.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I don't think you meant to be disrespectful, but it sounded like you were saying he was only getting drafted high because of his potential.
That's not what I meant. I guess I meant both he's good and also has a lot of room to grow. that's why he's a top 10 pick. Garza pretty much is what he is at this point. He might show some improved range but he's near his ceiling. I still think there could be a spot on someone's bench for him with some limited playing time.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He may have gotten 1st team all conference if he didn't get hurt but he wouldn't be near Garza's accolades.
Tyrese won't touch a lot of people's accolades. He left after his second year because he's going to be putting on a hat in front of millions of people.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That's not what I meant. I guess I meant both he's good and also has a lot of room to grow. that's why he's a top 10 pick. Garza pretty much is what he is at this point. He might show some improved range but he's near his ceiling. I still think there could be a spot on someone's bench for him with some limited playing time.
Garza will sign an NBA contract and he'll have a spot in the league for the rest of his life barring any injury or a change in his heart to go play over seas. Who knows. That'll be his choice. If he can figure out how to drastically improve his foot speed and quickness, maybe he can do something in the league.

• Disagree
Reactions: SouthernCy

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Tyrese won't touch a lot of people's accolades. He left after his second year because he's going to be putting on a hat in front of millions of people.

Follow along.

@SouthernCy said if Haliburton didn't get hurt last season then he would been "up for a crap ton of awards".

He may have been 1st team all conference but that's about it. He wouldn't have came close to the honors Garza earned last season.

• Disagree

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron