The Fran fade

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Toppin NBA bound now. Sure hope Frank get the "Thank You" card in the mail to him! Part of the Garza's master plan. Get all the big men to forego their college playing careers to go to the NBA, keep Luka in school and try to win every college award next year along with every participation award. Too bad he'll never make it in the NBA so getting those trophies next year is the next best thing.
To be fair, there is one thing he has in common with NBA big men. He travels a lot. Outside of that, he's got nothing. He will probably end up in Serbia or some place like that as a role player. No shame in that.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Toppin NBA bound now. Sure hope Frank get the "Thank You" card in the mail to him! Part of the Garza's master plan. Get all the big men to forego their college playing careers to go to the NBA, keep Luka in school and try to win every college award next year along with every participation award. Too bad he'll never make it in the NBA so getting those trophies next year is the next best thing.

Luka isn't going to win it next year. This year is his best chance hence the begging for votes

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
My guess is 2 years from now you won't see any Iowa fans near this board in March. I doubt they will want to debate whether or not CJ and Joe T. can lead them to the 2nd round of the NIT.
I would tend to agree.. Guys like Garza are extremely hard to come by. Once he's gone the likelihood of a decline is very high but who knows.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
I would tend to agree.. Guys like Garza are extremely hard to come by. Once he's gone the likelihood of a decline is very high but who knows.
A quick peak at their most recent recruiting class tells me they are probably not even going to be in the NIT 2 years from now. Woof.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Iowa fans on Iowa Basketball:

tenor.gif

• Funny
Reactions: WalkingCY and adjl

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
A quick peak at their most recent recruiting class tells me they are probably not even going to be in the NIT 2 years from now. Woof.
Yeah that's most likely to be true. You never know how guys develop but they're going to have to be ready to play in a year's time considering Luka, J-Bo, Pemsl, and possibly Joe W. will no longer be there.

• Agree
Reactions: adjl

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
My guess is 2 years from now you won't see any Iowa fans near this board in March. I doubt they will want to debate whether or not CJ and Joe T. can lead them to the 2nd round of the NIT.
and things are trending up for you? Prohm gives you a high level of confidence. If so you may be in the minority. I say Fran wins more games over the next 2 years than Prohm.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyDude16 and adjl

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
and things are trending up for you? Prohm gives you a high level of confidence. If so you may be in the minority. I say Fran wins more games over the next 2 years than Prohm.

I'm hoping Fran is at Iowa the next two years and I don't think Prohm will be at Iowa State more than one year

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
What's your outlook for the Clones? NIT bubble next season? Final four the following year?

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I'm hoping Fran is at Iowa the next two years and I don't think Prohm will be at Iowa State more than one year
Doesn't change the win total does it? Who gets more wins the next 2 seasons - Fran or Prohm + next man in ?

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
To be fair, there is one thing he has in common with NBA big men. He travels a lot. Outside of that, he's got nothing. He will probably end up in Serbia or some place like that as a role player. No shame in that.
Hey no need to disrespect my home country like that.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
To me the big difference between Toppin and Garza is usage rage. Garza was used at a much higher percentage than Toppin. I think they are similar players, but Garza's statistical lead is largely due to having more opportunity.

I mean Garza took 530 shots to Toppin's 387, but Patrick is citing PPG figures...

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
We certainly have a much better recruiting class coming in. Next year you will go back to a 11 or 12 man rotation so we will probably have a similar record. The year after, we will be light years ahead of you.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
What's your outlook for the Clones? NIT bubble next season? Final four the following year?
Next year we will be an NCAA bubble team. This is assuming we pick up an impact transfer like I believe we will. The following year, tournament team for sure. But so much can change between then and now. Iowa is at their peak, but they have 0 help coming. After Garza is gone it's back to a dumpster fire. All this year did is buy Fran more time. That's good for me!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron