The Chizik Mafia?

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
Say what you want about this story, but the coaching staff that he has assembled there is one of the top 5 in the country
I would not agree with that statement. How many assistants that he has assembled have been at schools that have won national titles when they were there?

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
I'm not talking about Gene, he is the least proven coach on the team in all likelihood.

Lets see...

Tracy Rocker (D-Line Coach)---In the College Football Hall of Fame

Trooper Taylor (Wide Receivers)---Took a demotion as the Offensive Coordinator (with Gundy) at Okie State to go to Auburn and coach WR's.

Gus Malzahn (Offensive Coordinator)---Best offense in the country at Tulsa in 2007.

Curtis Luper (RB Coach)---Backs averaged 245 yards/game last year at Okie State. One of the best recruiters in the nation.

Ted Roof (D-Coordinator)---Total Defense went from 116th to 24th in his only season as D-coordinator at Minnesota.

The only reason I could see why Boulware got hired was the connections to California community colleges. Chizik is going to pulll alot of his players from Florida and Alabama, but the need for a Juco player every once in awhile is always going to be an issue.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Looks like a chain-gang in their orange shirts...

673180.jpg

Mar 10, 2009
I'm not talking about Gene, he is the least proven coach on the team in all likelihood.

Lets see...

Trooper Taylor (Wide Receivers)---Took a demotion as the Offensive Coordinator (with Gundy) at Okie State to go to Auburn and coach WR's.

Gus Malzahn (Offensive Coordinator)---Best offense in the country at Tulsa in 2007.

Curtis Luper (RB Coach)---Backs averaged 245 yards/game last year at Okie State. One of the best recruiters in the nation.

Ted Roof (D-Coordinator)---Total Defense went from 116th to 24th in his only season as D-coordinator at Minnesota.

The only reason I could see why Boulware got hired was the connections to California community colleges. Chizik is going to pulll alot of his players from Florida and Alabama, but the need for a Juco player every once in awhile is always going to be an issue.

I couldnt agree more its a very good staff. if not top 5 then definately top 10. boulware was the only coach i wanted to stay at isu because of his recruiting but i guess you cant pass up auburn. very good group of coachs

AmesCloneFan

Aug 17, 2008
Ames
This stunt is now starting to get some national attention. I would not be surprised if Wilbon and Kornheiser talk about it today on PTI. It just seems like a desperate move to me. It's like Chizik admitting he can't compete with Saban on the recruiting trail in the convential way so he has to pull out a Hummer stretch limo to try and impress some high school kids.

PTI hasn't started yet, but the boys on Around the Horn are about to talk about it...

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
Re: Chizik recruiting...

get over it...he's gone...move on...cut the cord...let it go...that's all I can think of.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
Re: Chizik recruiting...

Just thought it was funny dude.

Mods, please delete the thread. I didn't know we were never supposed to speak of him again.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Re: Chiz visits Alabama HSs in a Limo

Holy cow a limo!!111!!! I bet no highschooler has ever even seen one of those before!!!:jimlad:

Maybe it is full of strippers, that would probably work.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
ummmm since alabama has better highschool prospects for football than the state of iowa does? :yes:

While true, he had some really really good recruits last year that he never even attempted to get.

There were 3 4* players in the state last year and he never did anything like this

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Re: Chiz visits Alabama HSs in a Limo

If he put half the effort into coaching that he seems to make, making a name for himself, he might actually be good one day.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007

Lets see...

Guz APPEARS to be a good hire but nobody really knows. He is more of a legend right now w/ only one year to show for it. His offense wasn't anything special at Arkansas

Give Roof some credit but not all. All that talent that Minnesota brought in had another year and let's be honest about the teams they played and the offensive talent in the Big 10.....there was none

Taylor took a demotion b/c he was not really the O coordinator. Gundy called the plays and did everything.

Luper is a great recruiter

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
Every one on this board wants him to fail at Auburn, but what if he doesn't? How pissed are you guys going to be if he actually does put together a good program at Auburn. Let's face it, he has all the resources he'll ever need, a great staff in place already and some really good talent in his backyard.

Cylax51

Apr 8, 2009
Lisbon, IA
Every one on this board wants him to fail at Auburn, but what if he doesn't? How pissed are you guys going to be if he actually does put together a good program at Auburn. Let's face it, he has all the resources he'll ever need, a great staff in place already and some really good talent in his backyard.

I have feared that exact situation. I think the chances of him failing are very high. He has a very short window to beat Alabama AND perform better than Tubberville (sp). If he does not do both, he is done. That said, if he does it and gets positive, we will never hear the end of it.

The limo thing is gimmicky. While I am sure the recruits love it, to me it is just stroking immature egos. Guess that what he has to do to compete against Saban.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron