Thank You and Goodbye, It Was a Good Run.

Kimber45

Dec 20, 2020
Posting this on the Football Board because my origin story was to root for ISU for a season after the Fiesta Bowl.

Beware the fan base who embraces being “classy” because they don’t understand winning.

Beware the donor class fans who insist that they are better because they paid money into the program.

Embrace that the Cyclones had a shite season overall and it is what is is.

So did Oregon.

Hope springs eternal.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
Posting this on the Football Board because my origin story was to root for ISU for a season after the Fiesta Bowl.

Beware the fan base who embraces being “classy” because they don’t understand winning.

Beware the donor class fans who insist that they are better because they paid money into the program.

So did Oregon.

Hope springs eternal.
Thread title is what my doctor said to my prostate at my last physical.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I accepted it was shite after the Tech and West Virginia loses. So ready to move forward from the last five years.

• Useful
Reactions: Bewilderme

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
well-bye.gif

Reactions: Dorklone

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
yes because one really wants to move forward from the best 5 years in our history.
From inconsistencies, from the same tropes and plays, the same limitations. Now we get to learn new strengths and weaknesses. We held these last few years up too high. Higher than should be expected of the players. I'm guilty of it too. It has caused more bad than good imo (the fans). Nothing wrong with wanting change good or bad.
You can appreciate something and still be ready to move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerms and Trice

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
From inconsistencies, from the same tropes and plays, the same limitations. Now we get to learn new strengths and weaknesses. We held these last few years up too high. Higher than should be expected of the players. I'm guilty of it too. It has caused more bad than God imo (the fans). Nothing wrong with wanting change good or bad.
You can appreciate something and still be ready to move on.

This. Love the run we've been on, and really appreciate the AD, CMC and staff, and the players for their efforts and dedication.

I am over the predictable ISU-CMC playing as the favorite though.

Want to beat ISU? Pass a bunch in the 1st half. Pull out every trick play you have. Go for it on 4th. No field goal attempts, go for TDs. Stack the line and blitz a bunch in the first half.

ISU will not make any adjustments and will also not take any risks in the first half. They will also keep running the ball A LOT even when it isn't working. At all. And you'll know from before the snap if it is run or pass.

Oh, and if you get a nice lead? Cool. ISU will show no urgency or hurry-up. Even on the final drive and the clock is running. Our down and distance awareness, even by multiple year starters, is atrocious.

ISU Football sorta plays for the win, but not too big. Just need one extra point. Oh, and as announcers say, ISU is very comfortable in close games. No need to blow anyone out or build up a big lead. Just coast and chill.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008

So did Oregon.

Hope springs eternal.
Gah for a second I thought it was another kstate fan on Twitter who hates us

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
This. Love the run we've been on, and really appreciate the AD, CMC and staff, and the players for their efforts and dedication.

Want to beat ISU? Pass a bunch in the 1st half. Pull out every trick play you have. Go for it on 4th. No field goal attempts, go for TDs. Stack the line and blitz a bunch in the first half.

ISU will not make any adjustments and will also not take any risks in the first half. They will also keep running the ball A LOT even when it isn't working. At all. And you'll know from before the snap if it is run or pass.

Oh, and if you get a nice lead? Cool. ISU will show no urgency or hurry-up. Even on the final drive and the clock is running. Our down and distance awareness, even by multiple year starters, is atrocious.

ISU Football sorta plays for the win, but not too big. Just need one extra point. Oh, and as announcers say, ISU is very comfortable in close games. No need to blow anyone out or build up a big lead. Just coast and chill.
There's a lot of truth to this but it's so negative I think it's hard to see your excitement.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 83cy and Snydes

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017

So did Oregon.

Hope springs eternal.
Beware the soliloquies of random message board folk.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008

That’s my beef with the conservative one possession don’t make make any mistakes mindset. You end up losing a lot of close games.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
That’s my beef with the conservative one possession don’t make make any mistakes mindset. You end up losing a lot of close games.
It made perfect sense early on in CMC's tenure at ISU when we didn't match-up athletically or have much depth.

Now? It is illogical. Much easier to win in the margins when you have a huge margin.

Repeatedly facing inexperienced or mistake prone QBs and letting them get comfortable in the first half was so infuriating. Football is a game of timing and momentum, why make it easy for your opponent to find rhythm?

This has been fun, but, sadly, we're left with what-ifs because, well, I don't know. Stubbornness?