Texas game is on the Longhorn Network

NiceMarmot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2017
I have YouTubeTV and ESPN+ in California. Maybe it's because I'm out of market, but I'm seeing that I will have the game on ESPN+ tonight.

View attachment 109922

I feel like this happened last year before the Texas game too where people got fooled by the app showing the game as upcoming, but notice how the women's game has the ESPN+ and Big 12 Now logos, and the men's game doesn't? That's the sign the MBB game won't be available with just an ESPN+ subscription.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Just verified myself, if you sign up on the Sling app through your phone, it will give you a 3 day free trial, including the sports package that has Longhorn Network. Doesn't work from a PC.
Just tried this on mobile and got here where it says I owe $20. Did you go further? 1677008569052.png

Reactions: 67CY

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Just verified myself, if you sign up on the Sling app through your phone, it will give you a 3 day free trial, including the sports package that has Longhorn Network. Doesn't work from a PC.

This is the home screen I get when opening the app. Where do I go from here?

If I click "Sling.com/start" it leaves the app and takes me to the external website. Is that process correct or how do we get access to the free trial? Thx
9BA8312D-624C-4693-9045-62D0A2E4D7A6.jpeg

• Agree

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
Darn - definitely didn't get that when I downloaded the app today. Might have to hop on the wife's phone and give it a try lol.
I guess make sure to sign up with an email you haven't used as well, bummer this doesn't work for everyone, I thought for sure we found a loophole!

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
Damn, I must of already downloaded the app before or something. Thanks for sharing the info though.
Not sure if this works or not, but I checked a newer Roku I have that I hadn't downloaded on before and it gave me the same option (where I could sign up for a free trial on it). Worth a shot if you have something like that

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I hope that all of you post about your successes (or lack thereof) once the game actually starts.

Reactions: aauummm

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Try watching something that is currently airing on LHN. It will give you an error/say you need a cable provider that has LHN.
Yep, I tried pulling up a replay of a softball game on LHN, and it shut me down.
Well I might have a calmer evening as a result.

Reactions: aauummm

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron