Teen Murders Father Because...

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Are kids getting more and more unstable these days? I will be pissed if my kids kill me.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Kids are supposed to kill you by giving you a heart attack or embalsym by doing stupid s***, not actually kill you. Sick stuff.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
We have strict rules in our house. No snacks before dinner, clean your room before school, and no killing mom or dad.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Sick. And just the other day there was an article about a girl who, along with her boyfriend and a few other people, killed her family because her parents wouldn't let her date the guy.

I don't know about any of you, but I remember throwing tantrums back in the day when my parents wouldn't let me go to a party or talk on the phone all night. And I remember saying stuff like "man I hate my parents." Of course I didn't mean it, but looking back I completely understand why they didn't want me doing certain things. And to this day I feel bad about thinking and saying stuff like that.

Imagine how these kids are going to feel in 20 years when they're adults and start to understand that they're parents did what they did because they cared about them. Talk about guilt, remorse and on and on.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Sick. And just the other day there was an article about a girl who, along with her boyfriend and a few other people, killed her family because her parents wouldn't let her date the guy.

I don't know about any of you, but I remember throwing tantrums back in the day when my parents wouldn't let me go to a party or talk on the phone all night. And I remember saying stuff like "man I hate my parents." Of course I didn't mean it, but looking back I completely understand why they didn't want me doing certain things. And to this day I feel bad about thinking and saying stuff like that.

Imagine how these kids are going to feel in 20 years when they're adults and start to understand that they're parents did what they did because they cared about them. Talk about guilt, remorse and on and on.

Im guessing these kids will never think that way. There is something broken in their minds. this is why they are killlers.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Personally, as tragic as each of these stories have been, I'd like to know the parents' track record on consistently disciplining their kids while growing up. Did they actually stick to their guns or did they let their kids walk all over them while growing up? If the parents let their kids walk all over them and let them get whatever they want, and then now said "no you can't," is it any wonder the kids go off? They've gotten their way the entire life.

Sure, some people end up being complete whackos no matter the environment they grew up in, but often case when something like this happens there's an element of parental blame as well.

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
If you kill someone because they won't let you go on Myspace, you have serious problems that go far beyond parental blame. If it turned out there was abuse/negligence on the parent's part for most of the kid's life, I could see placing some of the blame on the parents.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
So what happens with all of the kids who are raised by messed up parents who never kill anyone or become criminals. What is it in the brain that causess this mentality?

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
Some people are just messed up...but most people get there on obvious road maps.

1) Does he come from a divorced family
2) Were there instances of abuse
3) Any mental illness history in family

Still, its very sad.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
So what happens with all of the kids who are raised by messed up parents who never kill anyone or become criminals. What is it in the brain that causess this mentality?

For enquiring minds that want to know, here is a book that makes a lot of sense to me:

Inside the Criminal Mind by Stanton E. Samenow, Ph.D. - Books - Random House

Inside the Criminal Mind

Revised and Updated Edition
Written by Stanton Samenow
ABOUT THIS BOOK
In 1984, this groundbreaking book presented a chilling profile of the criminal mind that shattered long-held myths about the sources of and cures for crime. Now, with the benefit of twenty years' worth of additional knowledge and insight, Stanton Samenow offers a completely updated edition of his classic work, including fresh perceptions into crimes in the spotlight today, from stalking and domestic violence to white-collar crime and political terrorism.

Dr. Samenow's three decades of working with criminals have reaffirmed his argument that factors such as poverty, divorce, and media violence do not cause criminality. Rather, as Samenow documents here, all criminals share a particular mind-set--often evident in childhood--that is disturbingly different from that of a responsible citizen.

While new types of crime have grown more prevalent, or at least more visible to the public eye--from spousal abuse to school shootings--little has changed in terms of our approach to dealing with crime. Rehabilitation programs based on the assumption that society is more to blame for crime than the criminal, an assumption for which a causal link has yet to be established, have proved to be grossly inadequate. Crime continues to invade every aspect of our lives, criminal court dockets and prisons are oppressively overcrowded and expensive, and recidivism rates continue to escalate.

To embark on a truly corrective program, we must begin with the clear understanding that the criminal chooses crime; he chooses to reject society long before society rejects him. The criminal values people only to the extent that he can use them for his own self-serving ends; he does not justify his actions to himself. Only by "habilitating" the criminal, so that he sees himself realistically and develops responsible patterns of thought, can we change his behavior.

It is vital that we know who the criminal is and how and why he acts differently from responsible citizens. From that understanding can come reasonable, compassionate, and effective solutions.
About the Author
STANTON E. SAMENOW, Ph.D., a clinical psychologist, has spent thirty-four years as a researcher, clinician, consultant, and expert witness specializing in criminal behavior. He has also served as an independent evaluator in adversarial child custody disputes for the past twenty years and has been appointed to three presidential task forces on law enforcement, victims' rights, and a drug-free America. In October 2003, he was appointed an expert witness for the prosecution in the trial against accused "Washington Sniper" Lee Boyd Malvo, aka John Lee Malvo. Dr. Samenow lives in Virginia.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron