TD drop by Penn State

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
The only thing more pathetic than flaming a rival's message board is not rooting for the school you attend. There is no excuse or defense.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
HawkeyeReport.com - Message Boards
A.Woolridge
All-Conference
Post #259
Houston, Texas
hawkeye.gif

MyFanPage
Add Buddy
The State of AffairsReplyI have been an Iowa Hawkeye fan since birth! PERIOD. The past 2 season's are a real depressing era. I live in Houston and have to hear about it from my friends everyday. I have no comeback. Iowa is 1 of the weaker teams in major college football.

Kirk Ferentz had a great 3-year run when Iowa finished in the final top 10 AP polls. You cut the guy some slack for what he did. You show him some respect. Last season we didn't even deserve to play in a bowl game, but somehow wound up playing Texas who was ranked in the top 20.We lostThis year we lose to a very bad Iowa State team. We get blown out at home versus Indiana which I can never remember happening. We then get blownout today @ Penn State. Penn State is a decent-to-good team. I see Iowa not even being bowl elgible. That is truly sad in a year that we don't even play Ohio State or Michigan.

The team is flat. Ferentz is flat and at a loss. There has to be some accoutability. If Iowa has another down year in 2008 then we need to reboot the operating system. Ferentz and his whole staff should be gone.

I would try to lure the head coach at Cincy or South Florida away.

But Ferentz deserves a little rope and next season he will be hanging on by a thread.

"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant.' I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." - - - Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983)

Posted on 10/6 11:36 PM | IP: Logged

So much for "the greatest fans in the world". Lose 8 in a row and they're ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Let's not berate SouthernHawk. In fact we need to do just the opposite. We need to embrace him. SouthernHawk goes to ISU and he frequents Cyclone Fanatic. It's our job then as Cyclones to help him see the error of his ways.

SouthernHawk, you seem like a level-headed and intelligent guy, but you wandered to the Dark Side. It's not too late, though. You can still join our family. The Cyclone family. Just know that whenever you're ready to make that leap, we'll all be here for you. It's not always easy rooting for ISU, but when you realize you're part of a brotherhood and sisterhood of the greatest people and fans in the world, then you'll understand why it's great to be a Cyclone!

Join us, SouthernHawk. Leave the Dark Side. :yes:

Agreed. You already go to the best school in the state. You've been nothing but cordial on this board. I have nothing against SH. Lets not not be immature, bad fans and resort to childish name calling.

This is why I post here - most of the fans are very respectful, and we can engage in intelligent conversation. Some people just see the name "Hawk" which admittedly I brought on myself - and see a flash of white.

Such is life I suppose.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
This is why I post here - most of the fans are very respectful, and we can engage in intelligent conversation. Some people just see the name "Hawk" which admittedly I brought on myself - and see a flash of white.

Such is life I suppose.
Not sure what the point is in posting "the sky is falling" Hawk threads. They look eerily familiar:sad:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Posted to show you that our fans are better. We have been down much further and longer than Hawks and Lincolnites, yet we are more respectful of our coaches such as Gene and Dan. We accept reality and move on. Right now people are having coniptions in IC and Lincoln because their holiday trip plans are being spoiled. Red could be going to Shreveport this year. Hawks might not qualify. We did not expect to worry about XMAS plans.

Last edited:

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Posted to show you that our fans are better. We have been down much further and longer than Hawks and Lincolnites, yet we are more respectful of our coches such as Gene and Dan. We accept reality and move on. Right now people are having coniptions in IC and Lincoln becaus their holiday trip plans are being spoiled. Red could be going to Shreveport this year. Hawks might not qualify. We did not expect top worry about XMAS plans.

You've got to be kidding. Iowa has more "bandwagoners" because Iowa has more fans. I've said this before, the "core" fans on both sides are very similar.

Where Iowa fans get the bad rep are where casual fans get upset, complain, and make fools of themselves. Let's not deny a truth here, ISU doesn't have as many "casual" fans, because there hasn't been a lot of success to build up a casual fan base.

My point is this - both Iowa fans and ISU fans are very much alike. Unfortunately, loud mouth bandwagoners are allowed to have keyboards. It's a shame really.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I did not say we have less or more bandwagon fans . I am saying that when times turn rough Cyclone fans appear as a group more tolerant. We recognize that we do not win championships and will go with the flow. Losing to Tech was not the end of our world.

Last edited:

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I did not say we have less or more bandwagon fans . I am saying that when times turn rough Cyclone fans appear as a group more tolerant. We recognize that we do win championships and will go with the flow. Losing to Tech was not the end of our world.

Right, and I'm saying for the real Iowa fans, that's the same thing.

I hate bandwagoners.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron