Taylor Swift - Tortured Poets Department

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
You had me at “we’re preparing dinner.” :cool:

My husband prepares dinner by eating stuff before it’s done.
I like prepping and cooking by myself...then have my kids complain that they don't like (fill in any food here) and my wife opts for something else. That way, I get the solace of cooking alone and eating what I want.

• Love
Reactions: carvers4math

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
This is so laughable. If kids like Taylor, it's because they're listening with their parents.

Related - Lots of parents are big mad that a 34 yo woman has swear words and references to sex on her latest album.

omg, had a relative who took young kids to the concert and upset about all the cursing by the opener "Taylor needs to know her demographic better" ...................just nod and smile. I aim very curious if they let the kids listen to the new one lol.

Reactions: MJ29

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
omg, had a relative who took young kids to the concert and upset about all the cursing by the opener "Taylor needs to know her demographic better" ...................just nod and smile. I aim very curious if they let the kids listen to the new one lol.

I honestly don't think kids will like the new album. I'm not even sure most teens will "get" it. I understand why some of Taylor's past radio hits have had appeal with the younger demo (catchy, fun, etc.), but TTPD is more like therapy than fun.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
People need to stop pretending that her demographic is only kids. There are a TON of 30-somethings that are proud Swifties.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
People need to stop pretending that her demographic is only kids. There are a TON of 30-somethings that are proud Swifties.

It was a little wild to me that they were making the argument that the under 18 crowd was the target demo when Swift has been on the radio 2-3x their number of years on this Earth. Sorry but I'm her target demo. I was 17 or so when she hit the radio. Good friend just hit 40 and adores the new album. Swift definitely makes some bops but ..........she's not Trix, she's not just for kids!

Reactions: Cyclonsin and MJ29

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
From Billboard magazine regarding sales/streaming over the first six days of release:

As previously reported, The Tortured Poets Department, released on Republic Records, has, after its first six days of release, broken the single-week streaming record in the U.S. for an album, according to initial reports to Luminate, as the 31 songs across its deluxe edition generated 799 million on-demand official streams in the U.S. April 19-24.

Plus, The Tortured Poets Department earned 2.5 million equivalent album units in the U.S. in its first six days. Of that sum, traditional album sales comprise 1.85 million.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

I went to her concert film in the theater. Twice.

Don't hate on me.

The theater was packed both times with young families/preteen and teenage girls. The first time they even all went down in front of the screen and sang and danced with one another.

It was adorable.

Anyways, they had a much stronger reaction to her poppy and generally earlier stuff...

"You Need to Calm Down"
"You Belong with Me"
"Delicate"
"22"
"We are Never Ever Getting Back Together"
"I Knew You Were Trouble"
"Shake It Off"
"Anti-Hero"

The teenage girls seemed to have an especially strong thing for "All Too Well." All four chords of it. Again. And again. And again. And again. That she's used a thousand times already.

Than they did to her more obscure or "mature" stuff...

"Champagne Problems"
"Betty"
"The Last Great American Dynasty"
"Cardigan"
"Blank Space"
"Wildest Dreams"
"You're on Your Own, Kid"
"Lavender Haze"
"Midnight Rain"

etc.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Exactly. I say the same thing about most "hot young actors". Besides being fat, bald, short, 41 but feel 98, have no flexibility, athleticism, money, tons of mental health and Parkinson's issues, and am married - what do these young hot actresses and musicians not see in me?
Not to worry. You're my favorite Cyclone! Always will be.

What else matters? :)

• Love
Reactions: Jer

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I don't get the obsession. I can admit some of her music isn't terrible but it's so bubble gum it makes me want to punch a baby steal.

Reactions: BoomerClone

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I’d punch someone stealing a baby too.

Men just hate things women like that involve successful women
My own mother doesn't like her music for the same reason. I'm happy to see women successful. Many of my favorite artists are women. Victoria Monet, SZA, H.E.R. are a few examples. I'm even happy she finds success. It's possible to dislike her music and not hate successful women.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
My own mother doesn't like her music for the same reason. I'm happy to see women successful. Many of my favorite artists are women. Victoria Monet, SZA, H.E.R. are a few examples. I'm even happy she finds success. It's possible to dislike her music and not hate successful women.
Her music makes you angry enough to punch something. Maybe just don’t listen and let those who have found music that relates to them enjoy it

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Her music makes you angry enough to punch something. Maybe just don’t listen and let those who have found music that relates to them enjoy it
Seriously?? I don’t think he is actually going to punch a baby. Good grief. It was a damn joke.

On a side note, I’m glad she is doing well for herself. Not my cup of tea and I won’t listen but at least she isn’t P Diddly, OR another artist that people still revere who was a damn pedophile (Michael Jackson). Everyone was sad and “he was so amazing” when he died. I was like, dude was a pedo, I’m glad he’s dead. All that being said, Taylor swift isn’t my jam but who cares.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Swifties get aggressive when you talk bad about Tay-Tay.
I can understand there are plenty of toxic males who do precisely what I was accused of but it's gone so over board with her. People hated Nickelback for the same reason, over exposure and marketing. It's not something only women have to deal with. Music just happens to be my passion so I have strong opinions. If you don't want to hear it I can totally understand but don't call me a women hater because I don't like Taylor Swift music.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron