Talen Horton-Tucker next year

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Also was reported that THT had 6 blocks in the game. I didn't see how efficient he was overall from the field but he was 3/5 from three. A bunch of highlights below... so versatile.

Reactions: NATEizKING

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
He seems to shoot a pretty good percentage on low quality shots. Hopefully next year he gets better quality shots and can shoot an even higher percentage! That step back fadeaway looks sweet when it goes in, but when Donovan Jackson does it in a game and misses I lose my mind.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Talen Horton-Tucker, a physical guard who is headed to Iowa State, scored 24 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead the Wolverines, who have played in all eight Hoopfests and have never lost.

Chandler Lawson scored 28 to lead East, while Lomax finished with a triple-double (13 points, 10 rebounds, 12 assists).

Memphis East lost to Olive Branch (DJ Jeffries) team the night before. Olive Branch then lost to Cordova which was led by 24 points from Tyler Harris.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Talen Horton-Tucker, a physical guard who is headed to Iowa State, scored 24 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead the Wolverines, who have played in all eight Hoopfests and have never lost.

Chandler Lawson scored 28 to lead East, while Lomax finished with a triple-double (13 points, 10 rebounds, 12 assists).

Memphis East lost to Olive Branch (DJ Jeffries) team the night before. Olive Branch then lost to Cordova which was led by 24 points from Tyler Harris.

Would not be mad if we signed him!

Reactions: isutrevman

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I am really starting to think THT will start next year. Would be nice for ISU to get back to being a mismatch nightmare on offense. As nice as it is to have two rebounders in Lard and Young, we are easier to defend on offense because of it. THT or Shayok at the 4 would be a nightmare for opposing teams. I really pushed for Lard and Solo starting together but after 1 game, it didn't go well. Hopefully it improves because I like those two guys playing together.

• Friendly
Reactions: CyzKool

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I am really starting to think THT will start next year. Would be nice for ISU to get back to being a mismatch nightmare on offense. As nice as it is to have two rebounders in Lard and Young, we are easier to defend on offense because of it. THT or Shayok at the 4 would be a nightmare for opposing teams. I really pushed for Lard and Solo starting together but after 1 game, it didn't go well. Hopefully it improves because I like those two guys playing together.

How about this line up
PG- THT (Don't know if this is actually possible)
SG- LW
SF- Babb
SF/PF- Shayock
C- Lard

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
So is THT thought of to be the better prospect between him and Zion?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Is Shayok more of a guard, wing, or small forward?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So is THT thought of to be the better prospect between him and Zion?

I think they are very different types of prospects. ZG is a “combine” type of prospect. THT is more of a baller type prospect if that makes sense.

That being said watching THT progress right now and the bandwagon that he is picking up makes me think that he’s going to rise above ZG by the time the final rankings come out.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
How about this line up
PG- THT (Don't know if this is actually possible)
SG- LW
SF- Babb
SF/PF- Shayock
C- Lard
I like it. You'd have 3 good ball handlers in THT, Wigginton and Babb. I wouldn't be surprised if THT got some PG minutes. Great passer and playmaker. I like Lard being in there over Solo even though I'm a big a Solo fan and he's been playing well lately but Lard is more talented.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I know this won’t be popular but I have to think that Prohm wants to hand the point over to Wigg next year and Babb can go back to what he was doing last year.

Wigg- PG
THT - 2/3
Shayok- 2/3
Lard - 4
Solo/Jacobsen - 5

Main Bench - Babb, Talley, Griffin
Secondary Bench - Conditt, Long, Halliburton

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I know this won’t be popular but I have to think that Prohm wants to hand the point over to Wigg next year and Babb can go back to what he was doing last year.

Wigg- PG
THT - 2/3
Shayok- 2/3
Lard - 4
Solo/Jacobsen - 5

I don't know. Lindell will have to improve his handle a lot. Babb seems more of a threat with the ball in his hands than he ever was last year.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames

Wigg- PG
THT - 2/3
Shayok- 2/3
Lard - 4
Solo/Jacobsen - 5

Babb will start next year. Not even a debate.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron