Syracuse

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Syracuse lost their exhibition game tonight to a D-II team. Let me be the first to congratulate WJ on his first game since leaving ISU!

Reactions: kilgore_trout

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
One problem tho... WJ scored 34 of syracuse's 79 points. ****. He's gonna be really good for them.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
One problem tho... WJ scored 34 of syracuse's 79 points. ****. He's gonna be really good for them.

I couldn't find stats, it just came on ESPN during the Buffalo game. He is good, but maybe this proves he made a bad choice?

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Syracuse loses exhibition...

Wesley Johnson and Syracuse lost their exhibition opener to LeMoyne (DII School)...Wesley hit a 3 to put them ahead with 18 seconds left put LeMoyne hit a 3, and Wesley missed a 3 at the buzzer to lose 79-82.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Re: Syracuse loses exhibition...

Sorry, just saw other thread...

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida
I couldn't find stats, it just came on ESPN during the Buffalo game. He is good, but maybe this proves he made a bad choice?

From his personal point of view the only bad thing I can see is that this transfer delayed his career development by one year. Right now, he is a very good player working hard to get himself on the NBA radar. He could be coming off a season in which he was highlighted as a featrue player for us in a major conference. His career could have parallelled Brackins'. Instead, he now lags a year behind. It's not a disaster, but it will ultimately cost him one year of NBA income.

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM

glad to see his first game was worth the year wait

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

Don't read it then...I would've posted this if Syracuse would've lost to a DII school without Wesley...for the record, I'm happy to have Gilstrap as our 3.

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
Just saw the SportsCenter update.....they made it sound like a pretty big deal as the 1st big upset of the year, but it is only exhibition.....

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

So, we have to obsess over WJ and Chizik this year? Just checking...

1st day here? :wink:

You know the game is going badly when you have to score 34 yourself in an exhibition game. No way he was supposed to play that long.

I guess this question is part curiosity, partly petty probably, and whatever else: How do Syracuse fans respond to a game like this? Do they boo and all, do they sit in stunned silence. Honestly, I don't know the answer.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa

You know the game is going badly when you have to score 34 yourself in an exhibition game. No way he was supposed to play that long.

I guess this question is part curiosity, partly petty probably, and whatever else: How do Syracuse fans respond to a game like this? Do they boo and all, do they sit in stunned silence. Honestly, I don't know the answer.

How do do you think we'd react? There's your answer...

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames

How did we respond when we lost to EA Sports All-stars??