Submit Your Questions for the 5/29 Mid-Week Mailbag

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I feel like I can just about prepare an entire meal on a grill, but I suck at grilling chicken breasts. They are either underdone (no bueno) or overdone about every time. To my defense, I much prefer boneless skinless thighs, so it doesn't affect me much.

What food is your undoing?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Why do so many people think this is a thread in which to discuss their own answers to the questions we are giving Fitzy? Do they really think the world is just waiting for their opinions?

• Funny
Reactions: Fitzy

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Why do so many people think this is a thread in which to discuss their own answers to the questions we are giving Fitzy? Do they really think the world is just waiting for their opinions?
It might be appropriate to do another "Hot Takes" edition of the mailbag for take judging sometime soon.

cyfan10

Dec 18, 2014
Does the tradition of a DE wearing Coach Bray's number 58 continue this year and if so who do you think will wear it?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I feel like I can just about prepare an entire meal on a grill, but I suck at grilling chicken breasts. They are either underdone (no bueno) or overdone about every time. To my defense, I much prefer boneless skinless thighs, so it doesn't affect me much.

Everybody sucks at grilling boneless, skinless chicken breast because grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts suck. Sure, if I'm really hungry and absolutely nail the marinating/seasoning and grilling they're not too bad. But at the same time I can do a complete half-ass job cutting it up, breading and frying it and it's glorious. My wife makes sure the grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast is a family staple for health reasons. I always imagine the old Sci-Fi books that include a futuristic world with some colorless, flavorless foodstuff that everyone gets for perfect nutrition. You know grilled chicken breast has to be a major ingredient.

It's not terrible, but of all the wonderful meat options this glorious first world life avails us, why anyone would crave a grilled chicken breast escapes me.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
All weeks contain 7 days. (Other than during Leap Year, of course). ;) :cool:

Your friend, Smart-*** Guy

Thanks ***-guy.

A short WORK week. I was just giving Fitzy **** for being late last week. He has an excuse this week because midweek between Tuesday and Friday is later than between Monday and Friday.

Reactions: cyclones500

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames

Everybody sucks at grilling boneless, skinless chicken breast because grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts suck. Sure, if I'm really hungry and absolutely nail the marinating/seasoning and grilling they're not too bad. But at the same time I can do a complete half-ass job cutting it up, breading and frying it and it's glorious. My wife makes sure the grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast is a family staple for health reasons. I always imagine the old Sci-Fi books that include a futuristic world with some colorless, flavorless foodstuff that everyone gets for perfect nutrition. You know grilled chicken breast has to be a major ingredient.

It's not terrible, but of all the wonderful meat options this glorious first world life avails us, why anyone would crave a grilled chicken breast escapes me.
Marinating is definitely a key point, I've also found if you tenderize/pound them out so they are an even thickness, helps a lot with getting them cooked evenly and taste worth while. I would agree, hind quarters or the whole chicken are my preferred cuts.

Anywoo, when you starting up that next game of mafia Fitzy?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

Marinate for at least a couple of hours. I finally got this right about a year ago. Using a BBQ sauce or something else as a glaze helps retain the juiciness too. Of course, this generally eliminates the healthy benefits of grilled chicken.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Marinate for at least a couple of hours. I finally got this right about a year ago. Using a BBQ sauce or something else as a glaze helps retain the juiciness too. Of course, this generally eliminates the healthy benefits of grilled chicken.
What do you recommend for a good marinade on chicken?

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
What's random / worthless fact you know? For instance, I know all the South American countries capital cities.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron