Students need to quit

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
What is this "Duke stuff" that the original poster is getting at? The past 2 home games the students have been great. I have a reputation here of being hard on the students but lately they have shown up in force and really helped ignite the crowd a few times. That's saying a lot because I have probably dished out way more criticism than compliments to the student section here lately.

Reactions: mymanfreddie

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The "Duke stuff" is the way college basketball arenas are going now. It's just the way it is.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
So knownothing has gotten so tired of beating the "McDermott lost the game today" dead horse and is now blaming us? Sweet

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I love that some of the old timers on here talk big about 'willing the team to victory' back in the day...yet when we get down by 14 with ten to play they start threads and make posts that we suck and its over.

I'm starting to think you guys had nothing to do with the wins you claim to have helped win.

Do they start these threads on the way to the car, or standing in the concourse waiting to get that headstart?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
What is this "Duke stuff" that the original poster is getting at? The past 2 home games the students have been great. I have a reputation here of being hard on the students but lately they have shown up in force and really helped ignite the crowd a few times. That's saying a lot because I have probably dished out way more criticism than compliments to the student section here lately.

That was the largest Cyclone Alley that I remember seeing for the last couple of years, and they were into it.

I enjoyed the "Harrison Barnes" chant, and the general enthusiasm that the students brought to the game. Nice job! Let's do it again next week, and take down Oklahoma.:yes:

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
"No means no" got into Collins head for a short while, I wish I would have known about that story earlier and could have got to him sooner during 1st half.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
"No means no" got into Collins head for a short while, I wish I would have known about that story earlier and could have got to him sooner during 1st half.

:biglaugh::biglaugh: We just randomly started saying it because when he took out the dance team girl her head was right in his crotch!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
I saw some students walking around campustown during the game today. Back in my day, there were NO students not at the game. Everyone went. It wasn't an option to stay at home because the Hilton Magic Police would shoot any student seen not at the game.

Hilton seats 14,500ish. ISU has more students than that. Let's not get too carried away on this thing.

My roommates and I used to make the dumb assumption that tickets were too expensive, and we were either in our dorm or apartment watching the game. the Hilton Magic Police missed me, and I was there for the Hoiberg era, all four years.

For the record, I wish there had been Hilton Magic Police that had dragged me to the game. That would have been OK with me.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The HB chant was great! Our student section is awesome if you wanna ***** about students look east to EIU

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Hopefully they dont act like the police in mexico.

Do you get in some sort of trouble everywhere?

If the students bring that enthusiasm against the rest of the Big XII, we've got a real nice home-court advantage going. I'll do my part in Section 216.

BTW, is it too much to ask that the rest of my row be wearing cardinal and gold, instead of the row full of Jayhawks that I got to share the game with today. Really, folks. We couldn't sell general public tickets against Kansas, unless we sold them to Kansas?