Students - Hilton thoughts

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
No it should work. Calms people down. They don't feel quite the same need to push and shove to get through the doors. Now, they are probably still going to run like crazy to the seats once they get inside, but at least you eliminate the chance of doors breaking and broken glass, and people getting crushed.
I feel like if it's an idea that should work, they won't do it.

hexodat64

Dec 5, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
They should just go back to real tickets and let us go in multiple gates. Pre scan for big games. This doesn't need to be as difficult as they are making it

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Need to work with the Animal Science Department and get one of these.

cattle.corral.sorting.jpg

Rounded turns will keep them calmer.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
They should just go back to real tickets and let us go in multiple gates. Pre scan for big games. This doesn't need to be as difficult as they are making it

This was my idea and I told the person in charge of the door people/ushers. I think they are going to do this for next year. Their main concern is safety and their thought is that lowering the amount of doors available will in turn make it harder to rush the doors. The students really brought this on themselves by their actions last game.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
This was my idea and I told the person in charge of the door people/ushers. I think they are going to do this for next year. Their main concern is safety and their thought is that lowering the amount of doors available will in turn make it harder to rush the doors. The students really brought this on themselves by their actions last game.

Whoever makes these policies should have to take a traffic analysis class. Constriction is never a good idea.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina

This worked out well.....

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
Having only 1 entrance for football doesn't work either. Having that many people stand there and then all the sudden everybody runs is asking for a hazard. If it doesn't work in football why would they try this for basketball in a more constricted space?

abe2010

Jan 14, 2009
Story City, IA
probably not popular but I think i can see their reasoning behind this. by only having one or two students getting scanned at once (and only one way in to Hilton) there doesn't need to be as big of a rush to get in to get good seats because the initial flow of people will be spread out over a longer time. now they may need to look at opening the doors to get everyone in by tip off but that's another debate

K

KFitzy87

Since they oversold the tickets they need to be able to count them and make sure they dont let too many people in, hence only north doors.
You think they counted all of the people as they bum-rushed the doors during the KU game? Everyone had to sit down in Cyclone Alley 45 minutes prior to tip so they could count everyone in the seats.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I sent the corral idea to Jamie, Fred, Bill, Christy, Paul, and Steve. Anyone else I need to email?

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Blaming 2,500 people for not being able to coordinate at once dealing with a very ****** plan doesn't make sense.

Whoever is in charge has ****ed up badly by just refusing to acknowledg that some games are different than others.

They need to just sell kansas tickets by seat and have students get in line for that, and then use the regular doors everyone else does at tip off. If any seats aren't filled at tip, let more students in and let them take their spots.

Overselling isn't an issue, the bottom is full, no rush to get in, problem solved.

Last edited:

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
You think they counted all of the people as they bum-rushed the doors during the KU game? Everyone had to sit down in Cyclone Alley 45 minutes prior to tip so they could count everyone in the seats.

They tried to. They had the hand counters, they would not have had to make CA sit if they came in like normal.

Help Support Us

Become a patron