Students - actually make some noise instead of standing with your arms crossed

klerme

Apr 11, 2006
If we want to ever have a home field advantage, you need to make noise EVERY time our D is on the field and the other team crosses the 40 to the north side of the field. Your attendance is awesome, but we need to get you to believe like it is Hilton - and Hilton Magic is the fans bringing the players to another level, not the other way around.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I'm not going to complain about students, but I was impressed with the amount of tweets from many different people who were complaining about the entire crowd the entire game. Sounds like our fan base is full of lame-o's now.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I'm not going to complain about students, but I was impressed with the amount of tweets from many different people who were complaining about the entire crowd the entire game. Sounds like our fan base is full of lame-o's now.
It's a miracle we don't have Kansas Crowds. We've been marginally better than them the last 4 years.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If we want to ever have a home field advantage, you need to make noise EVERY time our D is on the field and the other team crosses the 40 to the north side of the field. Your attendance is awesome, but we need to get you to believe like it is Hilton - and Hilton Magic is the fans bringing the players to another level, not the other way around.

Hilton Magic is believing, because they've seen it done before-- a basketball team/program that has seemingly won in any possible way regardless of the score.

Not cheering at football games MIGHT just be the result of seeing a football team/program lose in every possible way, regardless of the score.

Seriously--getting a safety, although good for the D, in a way was actually kind of a negative thing since it meant that ISU would still need to score twice to win, as opposed to just making the play prior to make it one possession.

Last edited:

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
It's a miracle we don't have Kansas Crowds. We've been marginally better than them the last 4 years.

The Truth is this re KU football....KU has had bad er poor attendance ever since the 1st trip I made to Lawrence in 1977...Announced at 22,000 that day but I dont think more than 15,000 actual attendance.....

• Funny
Reactions: Bryce7

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
I missed any "student section" shots on the TV stream today, but I imagine it was at least better than what Mizzou had (and yes, this is looking at the side of their stadium that holds their student section):

Edit to add: Mizzou has gone 18-16 the last 2.5 seasons compared to ISU, who has gone 6-26 in the same span. The only students who can take criticism for today were wearing pads and uniforms and stood at field level.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron