Storr Responds

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
If there was a shove, the rest sort of loses its importance, imho. No reason for that to happen. That's a failure on the coaching staff.
I do agree, metcalf shouldn’t have done that. But this is division 1 wrestling, emotions fly occasionally. The shove wasn’t what I would call violent. Definitely something you wouldn’t ever see the paulsons do.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I hate coaches that are just way to over the top. Same with Eustacy. I’m guessing we will all stick up for the coaches until it becomes a pattern. However, if you don’t think a crazy wrestling coach didn’t push a wrestler. Then I would submit you might be drinking a little to much kool aid. Wrestling coaches and people are crazy. I am guessing the Brands brothers have shoved or throttled every single one of their wrestlers at some point.

83cy

May 14, 2006
Too bad how it worked out but wow this new age of athlete needs to toughen up. A coach was upset at how he wrestled and shoved him, not a good response but wrestling is a tough sport and emotional cry me a f'ing river.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Too bad how it worked out but wow this new age of athlete needs to toughen up. A coach was upset at how he wrestled and shoved him, not a good response but wrestling is a tough sport and emotional cry me a f'ing river.
Doesn't matter if you think today's athletes should be tougher, a coach shoving an athlete just isn't a good look.

• Agree
Reactions: aobie and BCClone

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
I'm not going to defend either side because I believe both parties were at fault at some point. Definitely not a good look for a coach to shove an athlete, but I wouldn't expect the staff to place an ultimatum on one of their best wrestlers mid-season. We can all speculate what happened, but no one will know the true story except the ones involved. Good luck to Kanen and good luck to the team moving forward.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Can’t blame the coaches for wanting a 100% commitment. It might have gone to far, but if Paulsons are talking that much to Storr, then this was going to blow up at some point. I would rather have someone that is 100% bought to this staff than some with 1 foot out the door.
Not best way for any parties, but I would rather have Parker at 141

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
To be fair, There’s literally a thing called blood time in wrestling.
tumblr_mjqdjx64eX1s35cr4o1_500.gif

• Funny
Reactions: crawfy54