STOP playing Sweet Caroline after the 3rd period.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm not sure if the wavy arms and swaying limp hands remind me more of the Kansas wheat wave or the Texas A&M cheeerleaders. We're on the 8 yard line and about to score in a tight ball game and the lovey gentle lyrics of Sweet Caroline is played? Sorry, leave the touchy-feely stuff for after the game is won.

This. The song was way out of place yesterday considering what what was going on, on the field.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I don't think anybody hates the song (ok maybe a few people, but I am not one of them). The sole purpose of my opening post is that the song should be reserved for the victory celebration at the end of the game.

From the looks of the responses it looks like a good percentage of folks agree with me.

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
I don't think anybody hates the song (ok maybe a few people, but I am not one of them). The sole purpose of my opening post is that the song should be reserved for the victory celebration at the end of the game.

From the looks of the responses it looks like a good percentage of folks agree with me.

A problem with message boards is that they too often become dominated by posters that complain constantly. Their is a reason for the saying that misery loves company.

There is certain segment of people that get a payoff from whining. They tend to run in a pack like wolves feeding off of each others negative energy. They reinforce each others complaints which gives them a perception that they somehow are right and represent some majority.

The truth is that people that don't share in their misery don't want to be sucked into their despair, and thus they quit responding because they would rather enjoy life.

Watching the response of 50,000 fans to Sweet Caroline proves that you are part of a small minority, but don't let that stop you from patting yourself on the back based on your delusions.

Reactions: CycloneErik

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA

might as well drop it.....the view from the Jake during the playing of that song contradicts what you are posting about people hating it.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
A problem with message boards is that they too often become dominated by posters that complain constantly. Their is a reason for the saying that misery loves company.

There is certain segment of people that get a payoff from whining. They tend to run in a pack like wolves feeding off of each others negative energy. They reinforce each others complaints which gives them a perception that they somehow are right and represent some majority.

The truth is that people that don't share in their misery don't want to be sucked into their despair, and thus they quit responding because they would rather enjoy life.

Watching the response of 50,000 fans to Sweet Caroline proves that you are part of a small minority, but don't let that stop you from patting yourself on the back based on your delusions.

Good story bro.

Go State!

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
I hate the song - but I'm no longer a student either.
If the song had to stay I would be in favor for it after a victory.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
mt85- Are you a psychologist, or did you just stay in a Holiday Inn last night? Could be that there are just a number of people that think Sweet Caroline sucks as a song during a football game, especially when we're trying to help the team get fired up. Actually I detect some suppressed anger in your last post, maybe I should be a psychoanalyst.

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
What matters to the people who choose the music: the entire student section participating in what is being done on the scoreboard, and enjoying the game.

What doesn't matter to the people who choose the music: opinions on message boards.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
It elicits more fan participation than anything outside of Cyclone Power and the fight song. It's not going anywhere.

D

DistrictCyclone

Get rid of it altogether. It's such a freakin' terrible song. Neil Diamond should have no place in college football. Not to mention how ubiquitous it is now; why don't we try something different instead of acting like a bunch of sheep.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron