ss~ yunel escobar
cf~mark kotsay
3b~chipper jones
1b~mark texiera
c~brian mccann
rf~jeff francoeur
2b~kelly johnson
lf~matt diaz

i c the makings of another beast in the east!!!! back to being great in 08!!

i love the bravos chances...hopefully we can get another ws title this year!!! about a month away for pitchers and catchers! cant wait!!!!!

That SP lineup woulda been good a few years ago, but now it's a bunch of mostly old men with big bellies.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I see there are 4 other Royals fans on here. I pity you all.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
So do you like any sports? college? high school? They are all dealing with the same issue. Baseball is just getting the brunt of it...

Yes, I do. In fact, I still love college baseball. It's not the game, it'st the attitude of our government that this somehow really means something. I'm sorry, but, it's baseball. It's not something our elected officials should be asked, required or payed to take care of. At least not to the extent that it is getting to. We all know it took place. IF they want to do anything, fine baseball for allowing it to happen and move on. It seems baseball was able to solve their problem with Pete Rose. Why can't baseball take care of itself? Face it, they loved the excitement that the growth hormones brought to the game. Hell, I really don't even care that they used them to be honest, it did make it more exciting to watch in some sense. What bothers me is my taxes are going up, oil prices are going up, the housing industry and loans are going to ****, and we're still fighting a war in the Middle East, but, we've got congress trying to figure out weather or not Roger Clemens took steroids.

And really, as I said this latest thing is more of something that has just distanced me further since the big strike. It's been all downhill since then.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'm about 60% Twins - 40% Mets. Originally from New York, and my dad's a HUGE Mets fan, so that explains that. Became primarily a Twins fan early in the decade when Pohlad and Selig were conspiring to contract the team earlier this decade (I don't roll with stuff like that). Haven't trusted either Pohlad or Selig since (especially since Selig is connected to the Brewers - can you say someone was trying to gain market share?). Will continue in this ratio unless Pohlad decides to turn the Twins into the AL's version of the Pittsburgh Pirates (he's got a new stadium making him mucho dinero, why spend $$$ to put talent on the field?). That happens, and I'll get ****** (and the ratio will probably flip-flop).

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Huge Dodgers fan! Looking for them to win their first post-season series since their World Series championship in 1988.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
They've got some good really young guys, but the question is how much of the farm to give up for Santana.

The Mets farm system is pretty dry right now. The Twins are going to want 3-4 guys that can step in and play right away. Their top prospect, Martinez is VERY raw and along way away from ready. Humber and Pelfrey haven't really impressed me yet and I got a chance to see both play in person. After those three it REALLY drops off... You could MAYBE through Gomez in there but again, he is far from MLB ready.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
The Mets farm system is pretty dry right now. The Twins are going to want 3-4 guys that can step in and play right away. Their top prospect, Martinez is VERY raw and along way away from ready. Humber and Pelfrey haven't really impressed me yet and I got a chance to see both play in person. After those three it REALLY drops off... You could MAYBE through Gomez in there but again, he is far from MLB ready.

Yep, you're right on all accounts. Martinez is raw, but 19 with tremendous potential, and there is a pitcher (Guerra?) that is like 18 that is in the same boat. I think they would have to throw in both of them and Humber Pelfrey, and Gomez to have a chance. I think the Mets signed Pagan so they would be able to send this much OF talent somewhere. Santana wants to be a Met, IMO!

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
I saw pelfrey pitch in Spring Training last year, and he really impressed me.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Rockies? anyone Rockies??

Why did it get quiet all of the sudden??

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I saw pelfrey pitch in Spring Training last year, and he really impressed me.

I watched him pitch in Shea and had seats right behind home plate. For being a top prospect I was shocked that he was only throwing around 88-91. He had a decent breaking ball but his best asset was being 'effectively wild'. I talked to some Nats players afterword and they all couldn't beleive how straight and flat his fb was for someone so tall. They also seemed to think they could have gotten alot more runs of him if he would have thrown more strikes...

Jables22

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2007

I hope Billy Smith knows what he's doing by holding out this long. I'll be apoplectic if they get nothing for him a la Hunter. I'd like to see Johan go to the NL, just so the Twins won't have to go against him much. However...... it seems like the package from the Mets would have the highest risk and wouldn't impact for several years. Hughes could possibly step right in.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006

While they would like to do both, the Twins would likely sacrifice some success in the next year or two in return for contending in 2010 with the new stadium debut.

ISUATC

Feb 1, 2007
Go Padres!! How does the best closer in baseball choke so bad the last week of the season and in the playoff? Solid pitching staff, and hopefully, Prior will be able to add to that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron