Spring Flooding

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Have a guy I work with in Arkansas that has been getting pounded with rain every 3-5 days. He told me that the Mississippi is currently at it's fifth highest level on record in Memphis. Thinking of all the snowpack north of there does not bode well for people in the south. Sand bags will be at a premium!!

I'd tell him to go inside. Less rain pounds you that way.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Fremont is pretty much closed off. I'm friends with the owner of Bad Dog Bikes. I should ask how he's doing.

View attachment 63035

All the hotels in Fremont are full. All the people that drive to Omaha every day are not getting home tonight. Two major dikes in the area have failed this morning. I know lots of people that have evacuated their homes now.

Where do you live?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
All the hotels in Fremont are full. All the people that drive to Omaha every day are not getting home tonight. Two major dikes in the area have failed this morning. I know lots of people that have evacuated their homes now.

Where do you live?
I'm in Omaha so all I have to worry about is craters potholes

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

Where do you live?

Water has advanced about a mile into Fremont from the Platte river. Will start to hit the downtown area and heavily populated areas next. So far this is the worst since the 1970's.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Indian Creek is crazy high by 29th and Cottage Grove. I'm sure the sac & fox trail area is way under water.

Thomas Park was turned into Thomas Pond yesterday:
AkS5gQL.jpg

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Pretty crazy video from southwest Iowa, I've lived here most of my life and never seen what we're seeing this year. This is in between 1-29 and the Missouri River, a few miles west of Glenwood.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Nothing like what western IA and especially Nebraska are dealing with but CR is now forecast to crest at 18.5'. The inundation map shows that is close to affecting the Newbo area but I am not sure if that has been updated since the newish Sinclair levy was finished.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron