So what's our bowl spot now?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
And to think we were only four more wins and 40 offensive points away from a BCS bowl. Hand of fate.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
If u want any shot at WV going to the Pinstripe I would think you would want Pitt in there, they need to win this week and next
???? If WVU is available, they are 100% (and not the "I am exaggerating to make a point" 100%) going to New York. That is the Pinstripe Bowl's dream team basically. The issue is if the Car Care Bowl takes them, not the Pinstripe Bowl wanting them.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
All bowls except one are who gives a **** bowls. Next year, it's two.

Only slightly true. While all bowls are also ran bowls except the nc, they mean a lot to the players and fans of the bowl teams, and there's conference bragging rights involved. It's also huge for our young players to get another month of practice and bowl game experience.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I'm hoping for the Music City Bowl.

Decmber 31st at Noon on ESPN. Play #7 SEC team.

Normally other spot goes to #6 ACC but from what I can tell they won't fill that.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I thought we already played our bowl game against JVB and the Fightin' Hawks? Two bowl games in one year!!

Any bowl is fine with me because we can't afford to go to NYC or Texas this year anyway. I'll just be happy if I don't need to take vacation time to watch it.

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
I don't disagree with your Cotton Bowl prediction, but I don't think there is any way the Meineke Bowl passes up West Virginia to take ISU...WV has much more appeal.

I remember when we went to the Meineke Bowl when it is called the Houston Bowl and the bowl rep said one of reasons they picked ISU was that the greater Houston area has the most ISU alumni outside the state of Iowa.

Bowls don't care about appeal, they care about selling tickets. If you can't have a sexy matchup, you better get a couple of teams that can move tickets....