So what's our bowl spot now?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I don't think OU makes a BCS bowl. I think OSU or TCU knocks them off again. I think we'll end up in a non-Big 12 bowl. Just don't see a Texas bowl taking us if Baylor, Tech, TCU, UT are all available for Cotton, Alamo, Meineke, & Dallas bowls. They will take care of their own (can include OU and OSU in there too).

Gonna be NYC or non-Big 12 bowl I would guess.

52342cyclone

Sep 13, 2011
Toledo, IA
Who really is getting upset about a bowl game we go to. That's not even the main positive. We get 15 extra practices. That's huge for a program and building up the talent.

^^THIS^^
Enough said. That's a month longer than EIU gets this year. Also, these seniors deserve another trip. If you don't like the fact that they are going to a bowl... DON'T F****ING GO!!! Stay your *** at home and when these boys win, you can wish you were there!

GO CYCLONES!!

P.S. - I think if we played in Dallas, we would have a lot of fans go. Only 11 or so hour drive.

TigerCyJM

May 3, 2012
Polk County, IA
Nosir, no you're not.

Funny, glad to see I'm not alone.

I also think the big 12 bowl tie-ins are bull-crap. Please, get us some real bowls!
Look at the Big 10. Their teams are horrible, but they get great bowls. We get stuck with BS ones.

My ideal bowl lineup would look like this
#1----BCS-Doesn't really matter
#2----Cotton
#3----Outback
#4----Alamo
#5----Sun
#6----Holiday
#7----Armed Forces
#8----Las Vegas

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
We had the Holiday Bowl in our grasp today. Oh well, WVU had a hell of a good offensive team.

I am fine with either Houston or Dallas.

Pls, pls, pls don't send us back to NYC. We got lucky last year (weather wise), but after freezing my *** off today, I don't want a cold weather bowl.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
I wish some big12 teams would go big10 style and get some bowl bans! We could move up by default!

vortex

Jan 30, 2010
I would prefer a Texas bowl site over NYC anytime. You are gambling with the weather in NYC that time of year...possibly playing in the snow/freezing temperatures for your bowl game just doesn't seem right.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I would prefer a Texas bowl site over NYC anytime. You are gambling with the weather in NYC that time of year...possibly playing in the snow/freezing temperatures for your bowl game just doesn't seem right.

Jan. 1 in Dallas is no guarantee, either. They've had their fair share of 40s and precip, too.

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
Syracuse fans won't just be a "jump on the highway and drive down and back for the game." It's roughly a 5 hour drive from their campus. And I have my doubts the Yankees care about how many people stay in town. New York City doesn't even notice an extra 40,000 people at a football game.

And to the poster above: I went to NYC and the number of Cyclone fans in NYC was pretty pathetic.

Yeah, Syracuse won't offically take a large allocation. I think more Cuse fans will go to the game not through the University so the neutral sections will be mostly Orange. But it won't be a huge turnout overall they didn't even open the upper deck for the USC game at Meadowlands Stadium. The one against Kansas St was more of a novelty since it was the first football game at Yankee Stadium (new or old) in decades...and first bowl game in ages it doesn't really count.

Syracuse will definitely take it since the other Big East ties ins are all against ACC teams which is not highly desirable for obvious reasons. And the #2 and #3 Big East bowls against the ACC are the Belk Bowl in Charlotte (used to be Meinekee Car Care) and Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando (was Champs Sports) so not prestigious the Big East lost the good bowls it used to be in like the Outback. Syracuse will definitely be the Big East school in the Pinstripe.

It could be anyone from the Big 12 (ISU, TCU, Baylor, WVA, OSU.) ISU would be a lock if they hadn't gone last year so its hard to tell if they'd be chosen again probably would have been WVA if they lost.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron