So we're the Mendoza Line for recruiting?

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
GactBsy.jpg

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Considering these last 2 classes are the best in history I can almost see where he would say that. At the same time, screw that guy.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The guy's a jackass and there's no reason to bring ISU into it. Honestly, it doesn't make sense to criticize a recruiting class when the coach just got hired a month ago anyway.

In the context of everyone here locally ballyhooing this Gopher class without stepping back and putting it into the context of P5 or Big 10 it is. Actually it's really why the coach got fired.

And Reusse is okay. Chatted at halftime of a Gopher/Hawk game and bitched to him that I came to The Barn to see the Gophers beat the Hawks and they had better stop letting Chris Kingsburg shot uncontested threes and stop guarding him with a freshman. He agreed. By definition anyone who agrees with me is okay in my book. :D

Last edited:

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
It's not as if Minnesota has been all that successful at recruiting...they've finished behind Wisconsin, Iowa and Nebraska since 2010 (per 24-7). In fact, they basically are the BIG version of the Mendoza line, and finished behind ISU in 2013 and 2017, basically tying in 2014 and 2015. Maybe it needs to be the Minnesota Line...or dude is still pissed about the bowl loss to us.

Shows we could have averaged 8 wins in the Squirrel Division.

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
People forget that newspaper is a business intended to get people talking about what he said. He just trolled us all.

But yes, **** that guy.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Rods79

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
People forget that newspaper is a business intended to get people talking about what he said. He just trolled us all.

But yes, **** that guy.

Actually a very good point. Wonder if it should be read with flattery? What historically bad program can be used that will cause the most reaction? I can't think of one with a more reactive fan base.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Don't take it personally ISU fans. Minnesotans consistently underestimate things that they don't bother to learn more about, and put a high value on things close to home. Might have been a fair point a couple of years ago, but they won't realize that until a couple more years of them being under the "Mendoza Line"