Smoking Meat Questions and Discussion

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Haven’t smoked meat in the winter, have the pit boss sportsman small one. Does that cover/blanket for your smoker work well?

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
Haven’t smoked meat in the winter, have the pit boss sportsman small one. Does that cover/blanket for your smoker work well?
I have it on my green mountain and I like it a lot. It'll save you a ton of pellets. I have had problems in the past with bad pellets starting grease fires, though, so I'm a bit nervous about that sometimes.

• Informative
Reactions: scyclonekid

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I have one for my Traeger I just got for Xmas. It works remarkably well at keeping temp higher and consistent. If a guy could find an old welding blanket or something, that would do the same thing and be considerably cheaper.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
We do a lot of pizzas and save a lot of time and work by simply buying the dough from Papa Murphy’s. So much easier than making homemade dough!
My wife likes doing it, so I go that route. If she has enough, she uses her sourdough starter. I don't know how that stuff works so I just get the grill ready :). That is a good idea though

Reactions: NWICY

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I have a blanket for my Green Mountain. Seems to work well. A bit of pain to take on/off as you need to remove handle. If you don't have a blanket the only downside is using more pellets than normal or some temperature flucuation if is is in a very cold or windy spot..

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
We do a lot of pizzas and save a lot of time and work by simply buying the dough from Papa Murphy’s. So much easier than making homemade dough!
It isn't that hard to make dough. I put it together in my mixer and then put it into the fridge for a few days of fermentation and rest. Usually takes me less than 5 minutes of which 5 of it is actually doing something as the mixer does the rest.

But I understand if you are in a pinch and go this route.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Debating which to do for the super bowl party I am going to. Either a brisket, ribs or pork belly burnt ends. Never made the pork belly burnt ends so kind of leaning that way. Ribs might dry out too much from getting off the smoker to getting to the party.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron