Sleep Question

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I am a terrible sleeper apparently, I would say 98% of the time I wake up at some point during the night for 10 minutes to an hour.

I had assumed this was normal my whole life. But last night I asked my wife if she woke up every night, and she said no, and most of the time she sleeps until her alarm goes off. This was literally flabbergasting to me.

Is this true for most people here, that you sleep all the way through the night without waking up at some point?

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
On a normal/routine night I wake up usually once a night but not for long...and if I am going to bed coming off of 6 or fewer hours of sleep the previous night I will sleep until I hear the alarm.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I sleep fine through the night if I don't consume any alcohol. This didn't really start for me until I hit 35ish.

If I do have drinks, it really matters how many. If I have enough to knock me out for the while night I'll sleep through. If I have just a few, I will typically wake up around 3 AM, wide awake for a good hour before I can fall back asleep.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I developed this waking up/having to spend time falling back asleep thing a few years ago.

A combo of melatonin and Benadryl each night before bed has done wonders.

• Agree
Reactions: somecyguy

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I think you might want to differentiate between waking up during the night briefly (tossing and turning, bathroom run, something interferes with your sleep) vs what you’re experiencing which is waking up and staying awake for 10-60min. A lot of people might not be able to soundly sleep through the night but waking up for an hour mid rest is a bit unusual.

Reactions: AllInForISU

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Could be sleep apnea.. I was diagnosed with it and had no idea. I’d try melatonin to see what f that helps..

When I get fatter I wake up more.

It's usually associated with dreams like having my helmet break on a space walk or a cave in or being underwater.

My dreams incorporate my lack of air. It's good times!

• Wow
Reactions: aauummm

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I sleep fine through the night if I don't consume any alcohol. This didn't really start for me until I hit 35ish.

If I do have drinks, it really matters how many. If I have enough to knock me out for the while night I'll sleep through. If I have just a few, I will typically wake up around 3 AM, wide awake for a good hour before I can fall back asleep.

I'm very similar to this If I get an alcohol buzz before bed I'll wake up around 3 and have a hard time falling back asleep. I have no idea how accurate this is but I read an article once that implied your body is trying to fight the depressant effects of the alcohol and when the alcohol wears of your body is still trying to stay awake. Thus waking you up in the middle of the night. I've had good look with Gummies, especially if they have CBN in them. Or better a blend of THC, CBG, and CBN.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's kind of neck uncomfortable but I now prop up my pillows to keep my head elevated.
I sleep better but still wake up (less than used to).

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
I very rarely wake up in the middle of the night for any reason. Occasionally I'll wake up after I've fallen asleep a little while later (less than an hour) or early in the morning (around 5 or 6), but that's usually because either something woke me up or I have something on my mind.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
It’s weird you say this, because I’ve noticed doing this a lot recently. We did get a new puppy that stays in a kennel in our bedroom at night, but he’s not barking or anything. I just wondered if he moves around a little and wakes me up.

Before this, I would usually sleep all the way through.

Reactions: Cyclonepride