Sid's Jottings ... on Lockett

K

KFitzy87

It's gonna really **** me off when we get one of these guys and some dooshes will say "oh this is okay but I really wish we got _________ instead...."

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I'd definitely be happy to see this guy on board. I would like the other schollie to go to a big though.

If we "locked" down Lockett, we would be one big man contributor away from being a legit deep tourney caliber team.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Lockett and even Oriahaki would be a consolation prize for Royce.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I really hope we do get him. Another seasoned guard with proven ability to score consistantly would be huge. Lucious, Clyburn & Locket would be an amazing front court with Babb and Ejim to back him up depending on the match up I could see Percy playing low in Babb or Ejim's place. Don't get me wrong, Babb's defense is essential so I would prefer to see Ejim get bumped but I would also be happy to see Lockett as a key 6th man.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Lockett and even Oriahaki would be a consolation prize for Royce.
Agreed, but that could easily be an top 10 team next season. The plethra of experience we would have on top of the talent would be unbelievable.

You mean Lockett and Oriahaki? I agree but we'd probably be an easier team to guard. Royce was a mismatch Nightmare.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
You mean Lockett and Oriahaki? I agree but we'd probably be an easier team to guard. Royce was a mismatch Nightmare.

But we'll have a true PG, that can drive and distribute. We would have several big time scoring threats.

In that situation, we would probably have more guys capable of giving you 20+ pts on any given night, than we've ever had.